"Jump to: Select Forum" drop down mirrored to top?

"Jump to: Select Forum" drop down mirrored to top of site?

• Total voters

j^aws

Veteran
Just a simple request to aid in quick navigation on the forums. I know the "Jump to: Select Forum" drop down is already at the bottom of the site. But is it possible to mirror it also at the top for quicker navigation? Like some other options that are already mirrored at the top...Let me know what you think ! :p

Re: "Jump to: Select Forum" drop down mirrored to

Jaws said:
Just a simple request to aid in quick navigation on the forums. I know the "Jump to: Select Forum" drop down is already at the bottom of the site. But is it possible to mirror it also at the top for quicker navigation? Like some other options that are already mirrored at the top...Let me know what you think ! :p

Should be easy to do. To be honest, by now i'm so used to go back to Index every time and check what forum has a new post, that i will never use the jump to option. Never used it.

london-boy said:
Jaws said:

Should be easy to do. To be honest, by now i'm so used to go back to Index every time and check what forum has a new post, that i will never use the jump to option. Never used it.

Perhaps if it was easier to access then more people will know about it and use it! ...I barely/ rarely leave the console forum! :p

It was a chore to make it here even! :p

Jaws said:
london-boy said:
Jaws said:

Perhaps if it was easier to access then more people will know about it and use it! ...I barely/ rarely leave the console forum! :p

It might depend on the spwwd of your connection. From work it takes nothing for me to load the Index page everytime, but i'm sure thet if i had a slower connection i'd want to go straight to the page i wanted to visit.
And... I'm cured!!! I hardly ever go to the Console Forum now!!! yeah!!! :LOL:

london-boy said:
Jaws said:
london-boy said:
Jaws said:

It might depend on the spwwd of your connection. From work it takes nothing for me to load the Index page everytime, but i'm sure thet if i had a slower connection i'd want to go straight to the page i wanted to visit.

It saves on the number of 'clicks' ...should be a piece of piss to do as other options are replicated top and bottom! :p ...Me thinks the console forum is going to suck me in again once TGS 2004 starts! :p ...I need to a cure from posting...! :D ...and a cure from using 'emoticons'! :p

Jaws said:
london-boy said:
Jaws said:
london-boy said:
Jaws said:

It saves on the number of 'clicks' ...should be a piece of piss to do as other options are replicated top and bottom! :p ...Me thinks the console forum is going to suck me in again once TGS 2004 starts! :p ...I need to a cure from posting...! :D ...and a cure from using 'emoticons'! :p
:oops: :LOL: :oops: :D Yeah ;) :oops: 8) me too :devilish: :) :D

When u have a 4MB broadband connection, u don't care about "saving on the clicks" ;)

Jaws said:
I actually asked Dave about the possibility of doing this some time ago, and he said :

I'd rather keep things as they are - the less we mess around with the templates the less we have to maintain when there are updates to the forum software. This is actually a surprisingly difficult change to make as well.

Reverend said:
Jaws said:
I actually asked Dave about the possibility of doing this some time ago, and he said :

I'd rather keep things as they are - the less we mess around with the templates the less we have to maintain when there are updates to the forum software. This is actually a surprisingly difficult change to make as well.

Does that read: "Deafult install, can't be asked!!!" :D

B3D is so classy *hehehe*, that it deserves to differentiate itself from countless PHPBB boards out there that ALL look the same! :p ...How about a BEYOND PHPBB look where no PHPBB forum has gone before! :p

Davey said:

I guess that's case closed...

I think he only said that because of your signature. (of course, this assumes that Rev is more evil than SCO and asked Dave today or something)

The Baron said:
I think he only said that because of your signature. (of course, this assumes that Rev is more evil than SCO and asked Dave today or something)

Hey, my sig is kwalitee...it doesn't get better than this...a displacement mapped, ray-traced ASCII shaded sig!...yeah baby! :p

I always thought Rev was the evil twin of the priest from the Excorcist...dunno, just a gut feeling! :oops:

Back