Unreal engine 3 vs Half-Life 2 engine vs Doom 3 engine

Do you think the Unreal 3 engine will be more advanced then the Half-Life 2 engine?

• No-Ahh I dont think so Valve's HL2 engine will be much more advanced and highly anticipated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its all about the mods we need an engine thats going to mod friendly *cough* HL2 engine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, and I don't care.
I don't like that kind of polls either, they are a waste a bandwidth and space on Beyond3D server IMO.

Besides there's no "Unreal 3 Engine", since there's no "Unreal 3" game... there's an "Unreal Engine 3"...
:devilish:

I don't know the full specs of either engine so I can't comment either way.

In the end isn't the artwork which is what will decide how good the engines look? Specs on their own are nothing if the artwork that demonstrates the engine looks like crap vs the other.

As for the comments on the guy/chic below me is right then the UE3 will have more advanced functionality.

EDIT: Clarification.

Re: Unreal 3 engine vs Doom 3 engine

Milkman said:
Wich out of these 2 engines are more advanced? And when can we see a game using the Unreal 3 engine on the pc?

Unreal Engine 3 (not Unreal 3 Engine) is way more advanced than the HL2 and Doom 3 engines, it is a generation ahead. We will most likely see the first UE3 games in 2006.

I think that U3E "beats" Hl2 engine. But I dont think that you can compare these two engine and say which one is better.. Or you can, but it has no point. It's the thing that you ask; Is Quake 3 engine better than Quake 1?

Hl2 is coming now and U3E comes Q3-Q4 2005 or later 2006.

We don't even know yet what goods U3E will bring. And we know "allmost" everything about HL2. We have seen CS:S.. Okay we haven't seen yet Hl2 and it gots some new features that CS:S don't have.

Seems silly to compare a current-day engine to an engine that is two years away...

Scali said:
You're right. Let's compare Duke Nukem Forever to UE3.0 instead :)

Seems silly to compare a two year away engine to an engine that is forever years away... :LOL:

BRiT said:
Scali said:
You're right. Let's compare Duke Nukem Forever to UE3.0 instead :)

Seems silly to compare a two year away engine to an engine that is eternally out of our reach... :LOL:

Fixed! 8)

DN:F is going to use the Doom 3 engine, it was announced not long ago.

DN:F has gone through major engine changes:
Quake 2.
Unreal 1st generation engine.
Unreal Warefare engine.
Doom 3.

:oops:

I think they'll switch over to UE3 then back over to the Doom-4 engine before they release.

Ok we compare the UE that will be released in 2006 to the HL2 engine that's released within the next weeks to Doom 3 engine.

:rolleyes:

Ingenu said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
DN:F is going to use the Doom 3 engine, it was announced not long ago.

Source please !

It's completly false and GeorgeB has already stated that officially. They have almost completly re-written the Unreal Engine they licenced a few years ago. (2.0 or 2.5, i forget)

LithTech always impressed me. Still waiting for F.E.A.R Engine...
Otherwise Unreal Engine always looked the best.

Btw where is CryENGINE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back