20 Questions

dreamin'

Newcomer
Don't know if it was already posted, but to me a quite impressive piece of code:

http://c10.20q.net/btest

Computer seems to win most of the time ;)

1. It is classified as Animal
2. Is it a mammal? Yes.
3. Can it do tricks? Probably.
4. Does it help accomplish tasks? Yes.
5. Does it have paws? No.
6. Is it smooth? Yes.
7. Does it have a tail? No.
8. Could it be found in a classroom? Yes.
9. Do you hold it when you use it? Yes.
10. Can you get milk from it? Yes.
11. Would you find it on a farm? No.
12. Does it slobber? No.
13. Is it usually colorful? No.
14. Does it get really hot? Yes.
15. Is it heavy? No.
16. Can you buy it at a store? No.
17. Does it make sound? Yes.
18. Can it growl? Yes.
19. Do you use it in public? Yes.

I am guessing that it is a girlfriend?
Yes , No , Close

I win. 28 to get to "dictionary".

Edit: I win again. 28 for cellphone.
Edit2: Computer wins for tree, 19 Qs needed.

Cool! Guessed "scanner" and "comic book" in 20 questions.
I guess it depends on your answers too. If you answer too many 'unknowns', the program gets confused.

EDIT:
29 questions for DVD player

It's quite impressive that it can distinguish between some many items with such a limited repertoire of questions. The only properties it knows for a given item are the ones it can ask about. I tried "thimble", which it guessed correctly without ever asking a question that was even remotely thimble specific. Quite uncanny. :p

I played it long time ago, and I am probably unimaginative because I can hardly come up with an answer that it can't guess in 20 questions (except for those things only seen in oriental cultures :p )

This game is like the old "guess the animal" game. The "guess the animal" game uses a tree structure, and if it has no correct answer at the leaf node, it asks what the difference between your answer and its answer (such as, "what is the difference between elephant and rabbit?" ). It's a very primitive AI learning system.

The 20 question game is, of course, much more complex than a simple tree structure. I think it's probably a matrix based system.

I used to play that on my step-grandad`s old amstrad. Takes ages to 'teach' it though. I`d usually get bored (especially after waiting 10 minutes for it to load :? )

Very cool!

Does your mother know what you are thinking about?
I am not allowed to talk about stuff like this, but,
I am guessing that it has something to do with drugs?

It was correct, too :)

Back