You know you want to pre-order one...

Kristof

Regular
Supporter
http://store.pepper.com/pepper_pad/

store-pre-order-header.jpg

The Pepper Pad also utilizes Intel's new 2700G companion chip for speedy 2D/3D multimedia handling. The system features 256 MB of SDRAM, 32 MB of flash memory, and a 20-gigabyte hard drive.
8)
K-

The system features 256 MB of SDRAM, 32 MB of flash memory, and a 20-gigabyte hard drive.

And a 20Gb hard drive. :oops: That'd make a great mobile movie player.

Spicy!

You really can't accomodate a widescreen if you want to integrate a keyboard, as well. 4:3 seems ideal for a portable player, as you get the added screen area for the vast majority of TV broadcasts, and probably the max width for the form-factor for DVDs (so you're not really losing anything to a primarily widescreen display). Besides, how much wider does it get than 8.4" for a portable player?

vb said:
And I was expecting a Series 5...
I looked at the thread title, then I looked at the poster. Then, while it loaded, I changed my pants. Then I cried.

Why'd you make me cry, Kristof?! WHY!

The Baron said:
vb said:
And I was expecting a Series 5...
I looked at the thread title, then I looked at the poster. Then, while it loaded, I changed my pants. Then I cried.

Why'd you make me cry, Kristof?! WHY!

*runs and starts kicking Kristof in the shins* WHY! Why did you trick us so? *sniffles* :(

How bout putting one into something like OQO instead. The OQO does everything that pad does, plus is a real PC (runs Windows XP on Intel 1Ghz Pentium, no XScale), smaller and half the weight, better keyboard, docking station, I/O port (1394, USB2, etc). The OQO will be more expensive, about the price of a real notebook computer, because it is as powerful as a real notebook computer, but fits in the palm of a hand.

Of course, you won't be able to actually type anything with keys that small, but it will impress people when you ostentatiously use it in public... ;)

Sorry, but OQO runs on a 1GHz Transmeta chip (the Efficeon, I believe), not pentium... In fact, I believe the dude behind the OQO company is one of the guys who started up Transmeta.

The OQO is dead sexxay btw, I just wish it had more RAM, USB2 and a better graphics chip. It could have used a longer battery life too. :p But, it IS dead sexxay. ;)

Back