To the Married Men -- Temptations

Reverend

Banned
Okay, if your wives read B3D then you can be excused from offering honest replies :)

Have you been tempted to simply fool around with another woman? I mean, it could be from just flirting to almost, but not quite, getting it on.

If this has happened to you, and given that you "know" you love your wife, what made you do it?

Nope, never. When I got married I knew going in that I would always be faithful, my father was unfaithful and my parents got divorced when I was 15 and I never want to do that to my family.

I can't stand infidelity and I must admit that I'd look down on any who practice it, it's the ultimate betrayel of confidence and shows someone to be a baseless canard.

I agree one hundred percent. Anyone who would do that to another human they "love" is a spineless coward that can't face a choice.

Yes, I have been tempted. Quite a lot actually, but as I know I'd never actually do anything about my temptations I see no problem and in case anyone is wodnering the wife seees no problem in it either.

After 8 years of marriage it's not like I'm capable of keeping a secret from her anyway. :D

For me it's usually a case of wanting what I can't have and 'm a sucker for a stunning all round package (although she's got to have a really good neckline and long narrow legs).

If anyone wants to slag me off, feel free. ;)

Heathen said:
Yes, I have been tempted. Quite a lot actually, but as I know I'd never actually do anything about my temptations I see no problem and in case anyone is wodnering the wife seees no problem in it either.

After 8 years of marriage it's not like I'm capable of keeping a secret from her anyway. :D

For me it's usually a case of wanting what I can't have and 'm a sucker for a stunning all round package (although she's got to have a really good neckline and long narrow legs).

If anyone wants to slag me off, feel free. ;)
Oh no, not for looking/wanting...that's different.

I'll quit looking/admiring a hot lady the day after my funeral, that's just human nature...you also mention that you'd never really plan to act on it, which means you're in to the faithful thing. :)

Hell, I look and fantasize...but that's just fantasy, I know I'd never actually do it.

Reverend said:
Okay, if your wives read B3D then you can be excused from offering honest replies :)

Have you been tempted to simply fool around with another woman? I mean, it could be from just flirting to almost, but not quite, getting it on.

If this has happened to you, and given that you "know" you love your wife, what made you do it?

yes sometimes , but since my wife gave birth 3days ago to our first child, i feel totaly different on that subject..
time will tell I presume 8)

hey69 said:
yes sometimes , but since my wife gave birth 3days ago to our first child, i feel totaly different on that subject..
time will tell I presume 8)
congratz. hope both mother and child are doing good.

I cant wait to be a father too. Ive been away from my wife for the last 2 years. Although i look, ive never touched. I hope time doesnt tempt me into biting.

epic

thanx, i feel superduper. words can not describe how it feels to have a child
wish you the best with your relationchip

hey69 said:
boy or girl?
thanks on the well wishes. Hopefully my wife and i wont have to be separated for much longer.

epic

hey69 said:
Congrats and my best to your wife and baby!

Don't worry, the rest of it isn't like the first two months... ;)

im not married, but if i were

a.) i would never cheat on my wife, even if she cheated on me. i would just divorce her.

b>) i can honestly say, i would think about sleeping w/ another woman. but thinking and acting are 2 different things. fantisies can add spice. acting on those fantasies is just wrong imo.

Don't worry, the rest of it isn't like the first two months...

hehe, I know, i have 9 cousins who live very close of me.. i know the drill allright :D

it's a BOY his name : Dilhan
his playstation5 is already reserved 8)

Sometimes it just happens, be it low self esteem, high sex drive, unhappy relationship, etc.

I cheated on my last serious boyfriend twice (he doesn't know, but then again he cheated on me!). I wondered why I did it for sometime, and it took a while, but I've since come the conclusion that I'm just an unfortunate person who needs to destroy something precious in order to evaluate it's worth (I have a past behaviour of this).

That said, I don't know if I can ever be truly faithful, but if I ever get into a 'married' situation, then the above will be on the table and in the open. That doesn't make it right, but atleast it won't be a secret.

Zurich said:
I wondered why I did it for sometime, and it took a while, but I've since come the conclusion that I'm just an unfortunate person who needs to destroy something precious in order to evaluate it's worth (I have a past behaviour of this).

Good lord does that sound familiar.

*edited for quote repair*

digitalwanderer said:
When I got married I knew going in that I would always be faithful

You knew? :oops: I'll keep tracking your life then. I suppose there wouldn't be the word "divorce" or "adultery" if all guys (or gals) has that same thinking when deciding whether to marry or not.

That thought never entered my mind when I married my wife.

What was in my mind when I asked her to marry me and during the registration was "I love you and I want to start a family with you". It is my opinion that the thought of the chances of being unfaithful (or being faithful) never comes to mind when taking this step.

Anyway, this isn't about actually being unfaithful to your partner. It's about human nature.

Things will return to Nornmal soon, say about thirty years or so. ;)

you also mention that you'd never really plan to act on it, which means you're in to the faithful thing.

The only reason I'm tempted is becasue I know I can't have. If I could have, I wouldn't want. Bath is a university city (art dept) so there's always a good view around town. 8)

Reverend said:
You knew? :oops: I'll keep tracking your life then. I suppose there wouldn't be the word "divorce" or "adultery" if all guys (or gals) has that same thinking when deciding whether to marry or not.

That thought never entered my mind when I married my wife.
:LOL:

"Love, honor, cherish"... ;)

You never considered if you'd be faithful to your wife before you married her? I suppose that is a big part of the reason "divorce" and "adultery" are still issues if more people are like you and not thinking thru their commitments before they make them.

There is a word for it, but I'll be darned if I can remember it right now.

Nope. I routinely look at other women, even in the presence of my wife, and I have my fantasies, but I would never act on them. It's short term pleasure for long term pain. I love my wife, we have a beautiful life together, and we are 9 weeks pregnant. I wouldn't want to throw that away for something stupid. I can always jack off if I want to satisfy any urges.

Flirting, double entendres are one thing. Any kind of touching or even phone sex is out, IMHO.

Back