WOW! first game using OpenGL 2.0 "Pirates of XXI centur

Alstrong said:
technicality schmemality :LOL:
Hey, don't diss :p

Dark Light conflict had unified dynamic lighting, where even every fired weapon round (phaser/plasma/missile/whatever) cast its own colored local light and illuminated the surrounding objects/spaceships. And one of the fancy weapons, every fired round also cast a lens flare (which was quite blinding when a dozen were fired at you).
All of it software rendered, and run pretty well on 120mhz+ Pentiums.

Sure there are sillier cases we can bring up too, but no real need :p

Well some things look ultra realistic,but others look like a DX6 class graphics. Especially shading of textures (some look like single layer textures,even worse then Quake 2) and shadowing. Its like there is no depth information.

RejZoR said:
Well some things look ultra realistic,but others look like a DX6 class graphics. Especially shading of textures (some look like single layer textures,even worse then Quake 2) and shadowing. Its like there is no depth information.
The shadowing in Doom 3 is vastly superior to anything that I saw previously (though, admittedly, I haven't played some games that may have similar shadows....). And I don't know what you're smoking when you call some surfaces worse than Quake 2....that game had really low texture detail, and bump mapping was just a pipe dream back then.

No i didn't mean the texture resolution,but texture shading and how many texture layers used. It looks like only basic texture is used,no shadow map or anything more advanced. No shadows from objects either (chairs on the beach casting NO shadow and ultra realsitic water 3 meters ahead?) C'mon?
It looks like lightning is the same in every corner and every room.

Just compare Half-Life (original) and Quake 3(and/or even Doom3).
First has all textures and objects shaded in the same way so it looks very unnatural with no real depth,while second has different shading for every room,2 texture layers,and it gives much better depth,shadowing is also much better(shadow maps).
Ah i have some problems explaining such technical stuff in english,but i hope you got the picture on what i mean :)

It's bad lighting. They might have good artists but whoever lights their scenes is doing a very bad job. In Quake 3 they stopped using radiosity just because it gave the artists more freedom in lighting the levels and enabled them to design more dramatic lighting..

By the way, the game with the breastages is called Sexy Beach, and is Japanese. I think there's actually a series of it to be honest, and IIRC, my friend has Sexy Beach 2...

I H@ve ShAme...

Later

Iridius Dio

Back