AVP (small spoiler)

Reverend

Banned
Just watched it with the family.

If I were a film critic, who always have to use originals as a point of reference, then this film would be a failure.

But since I have never been too serious about watching films (unless they are films about serious topics) and I always try to approach sequels/prequels/related franchises with a fresh perspective and an open mind, I found it quite enjoyable (the wife disagrees however). Woulda preferred more actual Alien vs Predator battles though, which is my main complaint given the title of the movie :) And the other one would be the long time it took the alien baby to burst out of the Predator when it takes only a short time for humans!

Damn... the Predator is just so cool.

Re: AVP

Saw this at KLCC last week, Rev (possibly the coldest cinema in the world?!) and I quite enjoyed it too. Crappy acting, dialogue, plot integrity etc, but it was good fun and had a few memorable moments. A/V-wise it was excellent.

Reverend said:
And the other one would be the long time it took the alien baby to burst out of the Predator when it takes only a short time for humans!

Spoiler warning, maybe? Edit - oop, somehow missed Heathen's post. :oops:

Re: AVP

MuFu said:
Saw this at KLCC last week, Rev <snip>
Goddamn... didn't know you're in Malaysia :!: You're a Malaysian?

I'd always assumed you live in the UK. We should meet up!

:D

Back in the UK now, after spending three weeks there - went to Langkawi for the first time, which was pretty cool. My mum is Malaysian (Chinese) and we go back every year. Nice place - think I might move there for good one day. Especially if it stays £1 = RM7!

Yeah, maybe we can meet over a couple of Tiger's next time I'm in town. 8)

I really enjoyed the flick. But I can tell you that if you're not an Aliens fan and a Predator fan, I don't think you'll really enjoy it all that much. There isn't much in the way of exposition and character growth. You really just have to know who the predators are and who the aliens are to "get it"

At least, that's what I took away from the flick when I saw it with a friend of mine. :)

Back