Burnout 3

Evil_Cloud said:
wazoo said:
just got the PAL ps2 version.

tried the online play.

Why are all the gamers playing in 50HZ ?? :oops:

They switched to 60hz. :LOL:

you misread me. The vast majority of PAL gamers are playing in 50HZ, even if B3 has the option to play 60HZ.

So I can not join a lot of races.

-tkf-:
Would those be the two things that would be most noteable...

The truth is that the difference just isn't that big.
Sorry, didn't realize you had another response there.

I have trouble seeing how the PS2 would be fast enough to handle the blends for the multiple layers of texturing, when DOT3 emulation alone would take four passes plus framebuffer operations, all along with the rest of the texture layers, other per-pixel shaders, trilinear texture filtering, corrected mipmapping, 5.1 sound in gameplay, geometry rates, particle effects, progressive scan, and widescreen resolution of games like Panzer Dragoon Orta.
The difference between the patented xbox 30 and PS2 standard 60 fps.. that is another matter
The Xbox games with top graphics like Ninja Gaiden, Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dead or Alive 3 and Xtreme Beach Volleyball, and OutRun 2 run just as solid at 60 fps as the top games on any platform.

Granted, I have never played it before. But judging from mountains (and mountains) of critical acclaim, Burnout 3 sounds like the game that sent Gran Turismo back to the drawing board . . . :rolleyes:

Just because BO3 and GT both have cars that you drive, doesn't make them comparable games. They are very different genres.
There's really nothing in BO3 gameplay that could be put in to GT game without making it something that is no longer Gran Turismo.

wazoo said:
Evil_Cloud said:
wazoo said:
just got the PAL ps2 version.

tried the online play.

Why are all the gamers playing in 50HZ ?? :oops:

They switched to 60hz. :LOL:

you misread me. The vast majority of PAL gamers are playing in 50HZ, even if B3 has the option to play 60HZ.

So I can not join a lot of races.

???? 50hz and 60hz can't play together , thats a joke right ? ? ?

1)I wonder what the Burnout series would look like on a Next Gen Console?

2)Will Burnout 4 be on this or the Next Generation Hardware?

kenneth9265_3 said:
1)I wonder what the Burnout series would look like on a Next Gen Console?
Who knows, better than BO2 and BO3 maybe.

2)Will Burnout 4 be on this or the Next Generation Hardware?
Who knows, maybe on PSP. Though it won't probably be called BO4, but something like Burnout: Charge Your Batteries!.
I hope they won't make BO4 on this gen consoles, as I think there is little to do on the franchise except up the graphics slightly or bring some minor new gameplay modes on this gen machines.
On next gen, there should be resources to make some more major changes to BO series, like more free tracks like a city with all the streets raceable and crashable (like Midnight Run) and pedestrians to run over and watch them fly over the car into the air, flailing his arms and legs as he flies towards and into the windscreen of pursuing car, face first, breaking the windscreen and smearing the other cars vision with red blood and a corpse hanging from the neck on your windscreen, you'd see his head inside your car, still screaming for help, until you shake the body off your car with sudden manouvers.
The bodies would remain on streets, but eventually an ambulance would come clean them off. But you could also crash the ambulance for big Burnout points.

rabidrabbit said:
Just because BO3 and GT both have cars that you drive, doesn't make them comparable games. They are very different genres.

As a franchise, Burnout seems to be doing what Gran Turismo used to do: spellbind a demographical smorgasbord. Moreover, it appears to be using an old GT recipe – i.e., cast rather ordinary automobiles in extraordinary situations, all the while paying careful attention to Big Screen buzzwords like production value and cinematography.

You'd be surprised how the bottom line sheds dissimilarity. As far as business is concerned, one product is generating revenue while the other is not. :|

Back