R520 to have 300 Million Transistors??

madshi said:
The Baron said:
Yes, of course they'll use a .11u process. Since it has low-k and all.
Since when does .11u have low-k? TSMC doesn't offer low-k for .11u, or does it?
*Passes new sarcasm-chip for madshi*

Kaotik said:
*Passes new sarcasm-chip for madshi*
Thanks, but the chip you gave me is PCI-Express. I'm still on old simple PCI for now. Do you have a pure PCI variant of that chip? Thank you!

Guden Oden said:
jvd said:
nope ram will only be 700mhz . 512 megs on it. With perhaps 756 on a refresh

Uh, I guess one of the engineers working on the chip came into the video games store in Jersey where you work on his lunch break and told you all this. :LOL:

Besides, I'd like to know how you plan on reaching 768MB with an even number of memory devices... I mean, 48MB memory chips being fairly uncommon and all. :LOL:

shhhhh !!!!! i'm waiting for the inq to pick this up and we can all laugh at them copying stuff (Though the fp32 thing is true from how i understand it )

I hear NV60 will be a light switched chip to greatly enhance switching speed. Not only this but it will have a minimum of 512 pipelines. NVidia will be using 'black light' to overcome heating issues!

I heard the NV60 can do a full physical model of Global Illumination with trillions of polygons per frame at one frame per Planck's Time.

NV50 should be at ~450M transistors, as said on the other page. but NV50 won't show up until the end of 2005, at the soonest.

R520 should be out by spring or summer 2005.

300 to 320M transisors. 32 pipelines. (16-24 pipes for lower-end versions) 12 vertex shaders. (8 vertex shaders on the lower-end)
SM 3.0+

512-bit bus.

first VPU to push over 1 billion verts/sec peak

just some guesses. i'm bound to be correct on some :p

maosee said:
it better have 300million or else they suck balls.

nvidia's NV50 will have 450 million.

And NV50 will be out around the same time as the R580 (or whatever Ati is going to call their R520 refresh).

There'll be NV47 and NV48 before NV50. R520 will just catch up with NV4x in features, speeds will probably be very similar till NV60/R600 introduction, since all new GPUs until then will be DX9 SM3 with some additonal features.

I'm thinking that R520 will compete with NV48 actually, not with NV50...

about R520, I'll just indirectly quote myself from these boards:
indirectly
R520 will be made on 0.0000000000000000001*10^(-23) micron tech with 20 GB eDRAM having 100 TBit bus. They also will drop out the old pipeline design and make MultiScalar 512 Bit accurancy Pixel RayTracer with huge parallerlism capable pushing more than 2 fully 24 Super Sampled anti-aliased tera pixels per second. To get maxed gaming experience, they have said bye bye to surround gaming and shifted a bit higher gear. Spherical Virtuality(tm.) will revolutionize the solitaire with hardware polar cordinate iMax compliant frame buffer format and iMAX projector support.

yeah, I know it's being old, but it will take a forawhile to reality go beyond it. ;)

There'll be NV47 and NV48 before NV50

Haven´t heard of a NV47 :oops: But you never know i guess ;)
Atleast for me i find it pretty funny/sad to talk about refreshe´s when they at the moment just starting to get the card´s out that was launched 6(?)month´s ago.

NV50 should be at ~450M transistors, as said on the other page. but NV50 won't show up until the end of 2005, at the soonest

I don´t think many had expected 222m/transistor´s on NV40 @ 130nm, that´s a huge core. R420 @ 160m is more what i expected, or round that figure. If someone know how big the NV40 is and if they keep the same size at 90nm how many transistor´s can you add while still not increase the size of the core?

Back