New imac

Do you like the new look?

• Total voters
Apple PR dept said:
That’s a 1.6 or 1.8GHz G5 processor, 533 or 600MHz frontside bus, 256MB DDR SDRAM running at 400MHz and NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with 64MB graphics memory. So you’ll be able to play World of Warcraft, Doom III and other fantastic entertainment.

lol...

The topic says 'new look', I say what's so new about that design? Am I the only one who sees those ports at the back of the screen 'retarded'? How untidy and 'irritating' is that. I mean you adjust a screen and a whole bunch of wires dangle around with it! :rolleyes: <---- 356 posts and I never had to use 'roll eyes' once 'till now! :D

I think they've also lost the mobility /degrees of freedom motion of the LCD screen from the 'lamp' iMac...which is one of it's most appealing features. They seem to have taken some backwards steps...and for what, to save 'footprint'...how much would it really save that would be useful? And if your desparate for space, why not get a laptop? Which this resembles with a detached keyboard! :p

IMO, I didn't like the original CRT iMac, they 'nailed' it with the 'lamp' iMac and screwed up this 'tray' iMac. The 'lamp' iMac' wasn't broke, so leave it alone! :rolleyes: <----- my 2nd 'roll eyes'... :p

Jaws said:
The topic says 'new look', I say what's so new about that design? Am I the only one who sees those ports at the back of the screen 'retarded'? How untidy and 'irritating' is that. I mean you adjust a screen and a whole bunch of wires dangle around with it! :rolleyes: <---- 356 posts and I never had to use 'roll eyes' once 'till now! :D

I think they've also lost the mobility /degrees of freedom motion of the LCD screen from the 'lamp' iMac...which is one of it's most appealing features. They seem to have taken some backwards steps...and for what, to save 'footprint'...how much would it really save that would be useful? And if your desparate for space, why not get a laptop? Which this resembles with a detached keyboard! :p

IMO, I didn't like the original CRT iMac, they 'nailed' it with the 'lamp' iMac and screwed up this 'tray' iMac. The 'lamp' iMac' wasn't broke, so leave it alone! :rolleyes: <----- my 2nd 'roll eyes'... :p

the only real cord you need coming out the back is the power cord. you can get a bluetooth mouse and keyboard for it. 1 cord is not clutter.

i have suspicion that this was a very cost effective design. next gen, the GPU will increase and the CPU will increase. i predict a X600 or X700 next revision (of this model) and a 1.8 & 2.0GHz G5.

if that happens i'll be ordering one.

one reason not to get a laptop is the heat cant escape as well as this because the system is sitting on the table blocking half the radiation. also find me a 20" laptop? or a 17" for $1300.

Dunno but anything lower than dual G5-based Macs, simply doesn't worth to talk about. G4 was a joke, a dinosaur - a frikkin' slow crap.

G5 is cool but because of the fucked-up fancy OS you really need dual CPU if you wanna catch up with an Athlon FX (that's similarly priced).

It's still true: from the less money you can built a faster, more powerful PC - even a nicer one.

T2k said:
Dunno but anything lower than dual G5-based Macs, simply doesn't worth to talk about. G4 was a joke, a dinosaur - a frikkin' slow crap.

G5 is cool but because of the fucked-up fancy OS you really need dual CPU if you wanna catch up with an Athlon FX (that's similarly priced).

It's still true: from the less money you can built a faster, more powerful PC - even a nicer one.

true, but no PC will ever run OS X; & that's where the beauty of a Mac lies, in the OS.

Back