22 inch CRT, got some questions

Whoa! As I said I've got a nice picture with a "cheap" cable without the ferrite cores.

But I'm pretty sure that you can't go wrong with Belkin's cables.

Vadi said:
Whoa! As I said I've got a nice picture with a "cheap" cable without the ferrite cores.

But I'm pretty sure that you can't go wrong with Belkin's cables.

Actually it was fairly cheap, 15 bucks including taxes and shipping.
(And yeah it's the exact same cable I checked the pictures, the name and the actual item no at the reseller before I ordered it. :) )

One thing I forgot :oops: : (Ghosting is caused by powerlines going "along" (next to) the VGA cable. A crossing at 90 degrees would be ideal.)

edit: Actually power lines introduce "just" noise.

Vadi said:
One thing I forgot :oops: : Ghosting is caused by powerlines going "along" (next to) the VGA cable. A crossing at 90 degrees would be ideal.

tried fiddling with that as well, doesn't change the ghosting at all

Just tried Nokias monitor tester.
Tried both 1920x1440 and 2048x1536.

At 1920x1440 every single test looks perfectly fine.
In 2048x1536 every test looks fine except moire. On the other hand I don't see any moire anywhere except with that extreme pattern.

This is of course ghosting aside and fuzziness as well.
No problem with focus, geometry or anything else.

Oh well I put my hopes in that new cable. If that doesn't work out I'm getting a X800 XT PE to see if its VGA output is any better.

BTW, dunno if this helps you helping me, but nVidias tool for increasing sharpness actually does some good at moderate levels.

And oh, the monitor has four IQ settings:
Text1, Picture, Video and Text2.
Text1 is the standard mode which looks like it's supposed to.
Picture is just a bit brighter (too bright imo)
Video is bright and for some reason causes extreme smearing (bright white "ghosting" to the right of any dark areas)
Text2 also causes some slight smearing and isn't really usable. (The manual says use Text2 if Text1 causes smearing in high res)

Back