Which one are you currently using ? ( Instant Msgs )

Which one are you currently using ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AIM

• Yahoo

• Xfire

• 2-3+ ( Tell us )

• Not listed

• None

• Total voters
not listed - Trillian Pro, includes at least ICQ, MSN, AIM, Yahoo and IRC client in one program

used to be a ICQ user supreme... but then I realized that MSN was so much easier :p

ICQ over Trillian - I hate ICQ crowded and stupid advertising interface, lousy connection.

Trillian to connect to ICQ, AIM, Yahoo.
mIRC to connect to IRC.

just switched from miranda->gaim. a tad bit more bloated, but a few features i missed from running the offical clients. plus, various *nixisms in the program make me smile as i'm running the windows port.

i also run xfire for gaming purposes. it's actualy a pretty clean program, uses less memory than any official chat client i've used in a long time. the local gaming center has a pretty sweet xfire setup where you add a bot to your friends list and you can see all of the other regulars playing. plus, they do "secret" free LAN parties where they give you less than 24hrs notice using xfire.
c:

Guden Oden said:
MSN, for the convenience, and it works well past NATs/firewalls and such too.

Nah, not if I'm your CTO... :devilish: (Seriously: I kept the company off from these for a long period of time after I found out what bandwidth was wasted on these shit... :()

MSN is the real problem when it comes to bandwidth wasting. Ads and an overly social protocol. As for being NAT friendly, Miranda ownz, yes you have to port forward, but not doing so is TOO helpful.

Back