King Arthur

Its okay. Story doesn't really go as you would think it would. Not at all like the normal stories of King Arthur (or likely like the "true" story).

Oh and whats her name kinda annoys me how she always has fresh makeup and lipstick on no matter where in the wilderness they maybe.

I've read its crap, particularly in the historical sense (and story continuity sense).

Supposedly some of the characters are anachronistic, and Gueneviere somehow changes clothing without any suggestion as to why or how, during one of those 'trek across the lands' scenes.

I think its a 'wait for video' sort of one.

Cryect said:
Its okay. Story doesn't really go as you would think it would. Not at all like the normal stories of King Arthur (or likely like the "true" story).
The legend of king Arthur is a fiction, it's not based on any historical fact, AFAIK.

Oh and whats her name kinda annoys me how she always has fresh makeup and lipstick on no matter where in the wilderness they maybe.

That's an Hollywood side effects, other side effects are : U.S. propaganda, exploding cars, perfect makeup, cute character (always)...
But that's another story ^^

Not seen the movie, and I fear the worst, I read books about the legend of Arthur and the knights of the round table, I doubt it'll be anything close, unfortunately :(

Yep, it's not very good.

The actor playing Arthur is very flat, does not really inspire you as a great leader.

Not sure the point of them getting mostly English actors as most of the characters came from the Russian Stepps...

And what where they doing with trebuchetes in that era?!!

I kind of felt robbed of my £6.

I'm waiting for Alexander. Now that should be good!

I havent seen the movie, but the funniest part was checking the boob enhancement they did to keira.

reiarthur26.jpg

epic

epicstruggle said:
I havent seen the movie, but the funniest part was checking the boob enhancement they did to keira.

The producers had her doing so much gymwork, archery, horseriding, etc for months, that she lost her boobs and went up a dress size in muscle. She's got her bust back after she stopped exercising.

epic to be fair to her she said in interviews that she lost her boobs from working out.

I have met the girl twice in my life. Once when I was eating sushi in the city and Once when I was in la visting friends.

SHe has bigger tits than that. Most likely a b cup.

She is a sweet heart too really nice though I had no clue what she was saying .

i LOVED it. best movie ive seen this year. beats spiderman 2 by a longshot. yes im serious.

london-boy said:
Sage said:
i LOVED it. best movie ive seen this year. beats spiderman 2 by a longshot. yes im serious.

Yeah but we all know you have weird tastes............ ;)

gee what are you trying to say about yourself there, LB? ;);)

with the midnight hour she cried more more more.. ahem

sorry, awesome song though.

So from what I can remember King arthur is actually from Pagan tradition which by default means he was a very different kind of leader from that which had castles and fortresses etc. That was an idea brought over really by william the conquerer.. and somehow with the catholic church being so big at the time anything Pagan got mutated along the way.

There would be stories of King arthur in Pagan timesdriving a wild boar off the shores of britain, around the same time Vikings were invading etc. In effect Arthur becomes the social tool for "how a Pagan should behave", but during history gets caught in some kind of Robin Hood like fantasy.

epicstruggle said:

reiarthur26.jpg

epic
:LOL:

Where did you find that before/after shot and WHY would the movie company put it out? :|

i believe that the pre pic is a fake. if you look carefully you can see places on it that appear to have the clone brush used...

That's nowhere as much boobs as suggested in the official movie poster. I think she just needs a bit more food in her life. Still adorable.

keira-knightley1.jpg

DaveBaumann said:
Anyone seen it yet?

If so, what are your thoughts?

Saw it, hated it. Fortunately, it's utterly forgettable so it won't haunt me that I wasted $10 on it.

Back