How "big" is B3D?

Reverend

Banned
I can ask Dave about this, but I know he has better things to do (and not enough time to do them). Hence, I'll throw it out to you guys (as I really don't have the time but is obviously extremely curious).

There is Alexa.com of course, but that is flawed, or at least not entirely definitive.

I'm not particularly concerned about where B3D ranks amongst the gazillion of websites out there. I am just curious where B3D ranks when it comes to hardware websites.

looking at Alexa we are in top 10000 now???

I checked Toms was 1670
Anand 2500
H ~ 7500
B3D 9800
NvN 12500
techreport 20000

s.gif

etc...

Really I thinks it pretty low because most people who come here daily come here to see the forum. Where as many other sites peopel go their to read the news so their are more of them.

Druga Runda said:
looking at Alexa we are in top 10000 now???

I checked Toms was 1670
Anand 2500
H ~ 7500
B3D 9800
NvN 12500
techreport 20000

s.gif

etc...
That couldn't just be a coincidence.

I didn't know [H] was so far behind Tom and Anand's sites. I just had a preconception that all three were fairly close in volume of traffic.

I thought [H] would actually be the highest of the three, I find it to be much better than T & A lately.

And just cause it's easy for me to check, Elite Bastards is ranked 62,869 with Alexis...I guess we got a ways to go. :rolleyes:

I think you can get a more interesting picture of the relative importance of a site by looking at Alexa's "Reach" figures. These measure how many of the total number of internet users (or at least those tracked by Alexa) visited a site on a given day, rather than page hits. The three month avg. figures for the sites listed above are (in users per million total):

Tom's Hardware - 651
Anandtech - 405
[H]ardOCP - 229
TechReport - 70.5 (107.5 if you count the alternate URL tech-report.com)
Beyond3D - 61.5
NvNews - 54

Some other big ones:

Extremetech - 167
FiringSquad - 140 (including gamers.com)
Xbit - 134
Clubic - 86.5
DriverHeaven - 71
Digit-Life - 56.5 (127.5 including ixbt.com)
Hexus - 56
Rage3D - 34.5

Tom' s advantage is you can have other languages available. For an information website it is a huge plus.

And if alexa is the thing that spybot offer to remove from our pc, i guess we have way more people coming here than reported :)

But Tom's Garbage has big minus as well: their content, based on their nonexisting independence . :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Alstrong said:
...so are these numbers...a lot?
Well, to put things in perspective, the #1 rated site on the web (yahoo.com) has an avg. reach of 271,450. That's over 400 times more readers than Tom's, and over 4,000 times more readers than B3D.

Back