[H]ard's Doom3 hardware guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
One problem I have with the article is their take that you won't really notice the lack of AA due to the darkness of the game. :?

Either the game is WAAAAY too dark, they're wrong, or something is up and I am wrong....I just don't see making an issue of it until I can check it out for myself.

Who knows, they could be right. They've played it and I haven't, but I have a real hard time wrapping my head around the concept. :oops:

The only slightly strange think I noticed was that they only tested Nvidia cards with the A64 3000+. They called that the "enthusiast" system and then tested with a 5700 upto a 6800U. But there must be more "enthusiasts" with Athlon 64 3000/3200+ and R3XXs than 5700s surely.

Anyway guesstimating from all the info H presented it looks like I may be playing in 1280/1024 (2x AA?) (my monitor only does 60Hz@1600x1200) high quality with an A64 3000+ and R420 Pro flashed to 16 pipes clocked about 520/500, 1 gig of RAM. I will be more than happy with that!

digitalwanderer said:
One problem I have with the article is their take that you won't really notice the lack of AA due to the darkness of the game. :?

Either the game is WAAAAY too dark, they're wrong, or something is up and I am wrong....I just don't see making an issue of it until I can check it out for myself.

Who knows, they could be right. They've played it and I haven't, but I have a real hard time wrapping my head around the concept. :oops:

i think they might be right, i play a lot of splitner cell 2 multiplayer this to be true there. sure i notice some jaggies sometimes, but it isn't nearly as bad as in brighter games.

From what i remember of my "beta" testing of Doom 3, i would tend to agree. Dunno if it's just the darkness or something else that causes AA to be less of a problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back