Chest pains make me PARANOID!!!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Damn it, they do! I can never decide if it's just indigestion/stress/something else or if it's my bloody ticker clogging up again. :?

I just had a little chest pain, should I panic? I HATE panicking, I hate hospitals, I hate emergency rooms, I hate doctors (nurses are alright, but doctors bloody annoy me!), I hate the boredom of laying on my back for days and days, and I HATE NOT KNOWING!!!!

<pant-pant-pant>

Sorry, just had to vent somewhere and if I do it at EB my brother always calls my Mom on me. :rolleyes:

What's her number again...? :rolleyes:

Don't sweat it digi, I must be paranoid too because whenever an illness of any sort is mentioned or anything that might be potentially wrong with my body, I immedietly...begin...to feel...them...and...

OH GOD, now I've got pains...

Yeah, but I gotta take a half-dozen pills a day to keep the nasty heart attacks away after me angioplast/stent implant....I feel justified in a bit of extry anxiety about the subject. :?

Shit, that reminds me...I have to take me evening meds. :rolleyes:

sometimes i get a pinching pain around the general heart area ..

breathing hurts

i believe it's the anxiety

muted said:
sometimes i get a pinching pain around the general heart area ..

breathing hurts
Have you ever been to a doctor about it? That describes pretty well the way I felt just before my first heart attack.

The "breathing hurts" turned into "breathing REALLY hurts" and it feels just like it does to breath really cold air ('cept not cold, but that pin-prickly feeling) and that pinching turns into a clenched fist in your chest.

I think mine was just a spasm, but I felt better babbling about it. If I babble about it to my wife she gets all freaky and calls paramedics. :rolleyes:

I had chest pains. went to the doctor. Found out it was cancer. Testicular cancer .

Chest pains could be alot of wierd shit

well i saw a doctor, told him about it and he said it's normal ..

i don't like that doctor

but i still think it's anxiety

around your heart you have a 'brain-like' thing surrounding it , directly connected to your emotional brain, this is why when you are stressed your heartbeat is erratic ( well i think , i've been studying this for a short while )

i would see a doctor about tho if there is nothing you should look up cardiac coherence and yoga ( tibetan yoga is good too )

so check with a doctor, he'll probably tell you to start jogging or something like that, and look into a way of relaxing

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003079.htm ( don't self diagnose )

digitalwanderer said:
jvd said:
I had chest pains. went to the doctor. Found out it was cancer. Testicular cancer .
Ouch! What's your current status with that, if you don't mind me asking.

Eh i'm strong like ox . I'm fine now. Gave up some flesh and had to make a trip to the sperm bank. But i'm great .

jvd said:
Eh i'm strong like ox . I'm fine now. Gave up some flesh and had to make a trip to the sperm bank. But i'm great .
WOO-HOO!!!!
cheer.gif
cheer.gif
cheer.gif

Glad to hear it. :)

I have only had two friends died of sudden pains - one chest (heart attack 2 days later) 38 year old super fit athlete, one leg pains (clot that moved to the head) 34 year old asian who was thin and didn't smoke.

So normally its probably nothing - but get it checked to be sure - because 2 of my firends would be alive today if they had taken my advice and got it checked and discounted immediately.

You're walking down a train track and you hear a loud noise behind you - do you jump off and possibly look spooked and stupid, or do you stay on and hope its not a freight train about to plow you down?

Oh, I meant to post up...I found out what my problem is and got what I needed to fix it today and will be trying it out tonight.

It's kind of embarressing though, but it's all better (or will be in a couple of days) now. 8)

Sorry for the panic, but I have to babble a bit about it somewhere and I think this is the only safe site I got left for it. :rolleyes: (And thanks to everyone who didn't rat me out to EB! ;) )

IT WORKED!!!!

I feel better than I have in WEEKS! More energy, no headache, and my ass ain't dragging on the ground behind me!!! :D

And that's just after the first night. 8)

Wanna know what it was? It's stupid, I bought ear plugs.

It turns out that almost all my recent health paranoias can be chalked up to a simple case of utter exaustion. For the last few weeks/months I've been sleeping horribly (3-4 hours a night) and just tossing and turning the rest, and it wasn't a pill that made it better. (Although I did try that route for a while, but sleeping pills make me tired all the next morning/afternoon too. :( )

Ear plugs, ear plugs did the trick. 8)

See, my wife snores. It hasn't bothered me in the 7-8 years previous, but I guess the last few months it has and it's kept me from sleeping and I just ignored it.

You CAN'T ignore not being able to sleep for a few months without bad things happening to your health. :rolleyes:

Got a solid nights sleep for the first time in ages last night and I almost feel up to wrestling my weight in sick baby kitties this morning. 8) (Hey, that's a BIIIIG improvement!)

But I can't feel my chest today, and I don't feel like it's a labour just to be. :)

A few days of actual sleep will get me right as rain, so I'm happy as a clam. Thanks for putting up with me whining, it helps.

Back