Quadro & FireGL Details

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
The 3D Board charts are lacking in much of the workstation board details - if anyone can fill in some details on the various Quadro's and FireGL boards (including core chip name, core speed, memory speed, memory type and memory bus width), I can then update them chart accordingly.

I've got the latest, PCI Express, FireGL details.

It may not help much, but I do know there are some Quadro cards with what seems to be an on-package PCI-E bridge. It's a bit hard to tell since I can't take the heatsink off (just have to look in the small space between the board and heatsink), but it's cooled using the same heatsink as the processor and the bridge is not right next to the connector as in other obviously bridged cards that I've seen.

I believe this one was a Quadro FX 330, but it was a couple weeks ago, and I don't really have much time to look around, install coolbits, etc while testing the systems.

Edit:
By memory type, are you asking TSOP, BGA, etc? If so, the card had TSOP type chips. Also, looking at nvidia's website, the memory bus is 64-bit, and bandwidth is 3.2GB/s so that would be 200MHz/400MHz effective.

Just to add a slight touch of detail to the chart, you might want to be a little bit more specific about "DirectX" compliance. For instance, DirectX 9.0b, DirectX 9.0c, etc.

Dig around a bit. i.e. from the drop down menu go to the Chip Chart, or look at the specifics of a board / chip (i.e. NV40, 6800 Ultra).

The subsequent runtime revisions of DX9.0 also do not denote any capabilities of the board beyond base DX9.0 capabilities - any board that has DX9 capabilities will be "DX9.0c" compliant (because there is no such compliancy categorisation).

BTW, the Matrox G400 and G400 Max fillrates are double what they should really be (250 and 300, respectively -- two pipelines with the core at 125 and 150 MHz, one TMU per pipe). Ditto with memory bandwidths, IIRC the speeds were 160 and 200 MHz (SDR, 128-bit).

No info on Quadros/FireGLs, sorry.

And Voodoo3 models show only half their real pixel fillrate: unlike Voodoo2, Avenger was a two pipeline design with 1 TMU per pipe, wasn't it? Thus should be 286 to 366, not 143 to 183.

(Dunno if this is the correct thread for these corrections -- hope you don't mind!)

The Voodoo3 information is correct. V3 was a single pixel pipeline with dual TMU's. Voodoo2 SLI+VGA core on a chip really. 3dfx didn't go dual pixel pipeline until VSA-100.

I have a Fire GL that you missed. Its a Fire GL X1 128meg dual DVI.
The core is a R300 at 325mhz and the 256 bit DDR ram is Samsung -2.8 at 310mhz.
The Pixel Fillrate is 2600, Texture Fillrate is 2600, the Bandwidth is 19.8, and DX is 9.0. The second DVI port is using a Silicon Image Sil164ct64. The Maximum Resolution for this Transmitter is 1600X1200 and the bandwidth is 25-165 mhz. The fire GL i have is a enginering sample but match the specs for the fire gl x1.

The other Fire gl card I have is a Fire GL E1 made for Dell. Its a FireGL 8800 chip with 128 bit 64 meg of Hynix -4 DDR. The core is 250 and the mem is 250 and should match the specs of a 8500 LE.

I believe the Quadro FX 3000 and 3000G were NV35GLs with a 400Mhz core clock. I can't remember the memory speeds off-hand, though. 2000 was an NV30, 1000 was an NV31, 500 was an NV34.

All that comes to mind at the moment.

well, most likely this is a way too old, but... ;)
Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro 8MB PCI:
- Permedia 2 @ 65MHz (including GLINT Geometry Unit.)
- 8MB 10 ns SGRAM @ 100MHz.

that's the latest FireGL card I have. :) chip is, as stated, regular Permedia 2 clocked a bit higher.

The Baron said:
I believe the Quadro FX 3000 and 3000G were NV35GLs with a 400Mhz core clock. I can't remember the memory speeds off-hand, though. 2000 was an NV30, 1000 was an NV31, 500 was an NV34.

All that comes to mind at the moment.
No, 1000 was a NV30 too.
The 1100 was a NV36, though; it managed to beat the 1000 most of the time because it had as many VS units and a higher core clock.

Uttar

Back