Hey, Seaside Heights, New Jersey finally got some new games.

Fox5

Veteran
There was Initial D Verson(or was it stage?) 3. It was fun, but the anime scenes were really annoying and poorly written, and if those graphics are naomi 2 graphics, then there is no way dreamcast could have stood up to ps2. Extremely low res textures, and very poor filtering, only things better than a dreamcast game are perhaps the lighting and amount of polygons. The driving felt very natural, though I'm not sure if you can actually take turns at 200km/h and perfectly hug the curve. This game was a rip off in that even if you won a race it still charged you a dollar to continue.

I also found Outrun 2. Very disappointing game, it may have been that the screen was crappy, but it didn't look very good, except for 1 very sharp amd logo I saw as I was driving. It was ok, but not worth any significant amount of hype. The heart attack mode was interesting though.

Also played F355 Ferrari or something like that. It had sharp visuals, and had a neat gimmick in that it had 3 screens, but it was difficult to play and not fun at all.

I played Super GT. For a 1996 game, I suppose it's very good looking. The car models could fit in a modern game, and you generally don't notice the poor textures on the environments because of the high speed the game keeps. Well, except for the super reflective windows that you can see the sky on.

I also played some drum game that I did really bad at. Ah well, looks like while my computer keyboarding skills may translate well to beatmania, but it also looks like my complete lack of coordination translates to both DDR and the drum game. I can barely hold the sticks, let alone pull off 5 beats in a second while hitting a foot pedal...I could do 5 shots a second in time crisis though.

I played some crappy namco lightgun game that had real targets, but apparently only dead center hits counted, hits where the entire flash of light was on the target and nearly centered didn't count. I had a lot of trouble trying to hit the moving targets since I couldn't even slightly adjust my shot and try again.

I also got a high score in some mechwarrior game. Apparently if you actually insert an additional dollar to continue, it gives you an incredible amount of time to play. I think I only got 11th on the rankings, but I also think I was the only real player on the list.

Still looking for a real life fzero arcade machine though. Initial D had this card thing you could buy, but it seemed like a waste of money, though probably required if you want to be good at the game in the later levels. I just wanna insert my memory card into an fzero machine so I can unlock the stuff at home, I'm not good enough to beat the hardest class. Oh yeah, that and the arcade cabinet seems cool.

Whooot . I have to go down the shore now . Mabye next weekend go for a day or sleep in my car like the old days

Paul said:
I was there less than a week ago, of course I don't waste money on arcade games :p

You gotta stop eating the walffle ice cream paul. You will wind up round like I am. That and the zepolies .

I'm not a beach person. I'm a pool person so I rarely go down the shore anymore.

Psychogenics said:
Wow you guys live in Jersey too huh.

oh yea .

But i live by the medowlands. Really crappy area. We get the new yorkers coming here all the time to shop and see thier sports teams

jvd said:
Paul said:
I was there less than a week ago, of course I don't waste money on arcade games :p

You gotta stop eating the walffle ice cream paul. You will wind up round like I am. That and the zepolies .

I'm not a beach person. I'm a pool person so I rarely go down the shore anymore.

Hahah

I wanted to try those fried oreo's, 6 for 5 bucks :oops:

Psychogenics said:
jvd said:
Psychogenics said:
Wow you guys live in Jersey too huh.

oh yea .

But i live by the medowlands. Really crappy area. We get the new yorkers coming here all the time to shop and see thier sports teams

I live in the Paterson area....

hasbrouck heights . Right next to hackensack.

Right next to Lake Hopatcong, myself. Amusingly I've probably only been to the shore a half-dozen times in my life. (Though probably all of them to Seaside Heights.) I guess I'm more of a fresh (or chlorinated ;) ) water sort.

I'm in Randolph....

The wife, kids and I will be heading to my parent's shore house in August for a long weekend. Their house is way down there though...Diamond Beach, which is between Wildwood and Cape May.

Joe DeFuria said:
I'm in Randolph....

The wife, kids and I will be heading to my parent's shore house in August for a long weekend. Their house is way down there though...Diamond Beach, which is between Wildwood and Cape May.

we did wildwood for the prom way back when . That was a nice and crazy night. Lots and lots of drunkness. Ended up sleeing at someone elses hotel room that we didn't know lol . God we were so messed up that night

Joe DeFuria said:
I'm in Randolph....
Randolph...?! Randolph sucks! Roxbury.... doesn't suck! :p

Erm... Sorry. Just channelling my high-school days and our marching band rivalries! ;)

Yes, marching band!

Joe DeFuria said:
jvd said:
we did wildwood for the prom way back when .

Heh...we did Seaside Heights for our prom. ;) That remains as the "most sunburned I ever got" weekend of my entire life...

we didn't like seaside for the prom. To much low class there now a days . Its really bad walking the boardwalk .

My prom wasn't that long ago though. Best weekend of that year .

Back