Great!... yet another security flaw discovered in IE...

WolfsBane58

Newcomer
As soon as Microsoft pushed out the suppose fix for the Active X flaw last week, a Swedish firm has found yet another flaw with a different component of Active X that a malicious programmer can use to download a routing via Internet Explorer. Potentially the same issue... the routing would direct IE to another website where a program can be downloaded to your computer and open it up to the malicious programmer's wishes.

Using MS Internet Explorer is becoming a greater risk each and every day...

My testing of Mozilla Firebird continues... version 0.9.1, (a just released bug fixer, supposedly), seems to be stable enough, though the issues with the Menu Bar, (freezes after you go from standard window to full screen and back), hasn't been fixed in this release.

PatrickL said:
One thing i dont like with firefox, and more i use more i hate it, it is the loading time.

IE appears to display parts of the webpage as it downloads. Firefox appears to wait until the page is fully loaded before displaying it. I'm not certain if it is a preference by either browsers, or if a specific convention exists that one of these developers is ignoring. Speed-wise, I wasn't able to tell a real difference between the two until now... the new released 0.9.1 version of Firefox appears to fully download the pages quicker and has a crisper feel to it.

One of my friends that follows all this compliance stuff indicated to me that this and other factors that appear to favor Firefox has a reason behind it... The developers of Firefox, (he indicated), stick to strict adherence of compliance with universal browser coding. Standards that are universally used anywhere in the world. Microsoft does not. In fact, (and again, this is his statement), IE Explorer has issues displaying some web components properly because of this. They compensate by bloating their program to the point that it has to have support for things that we need, and things that we will very rarely use to make up for this non compliance issue. And they try to push on the web things like Active X to offset the fact that they are basically non compliant with current web development standards.

He also stated that there are things in other web browsers, (non IE Explorer), that a hacker can try to exploit. But it is much, much harder to exploit other web browsers because the coding doesn't allow an outside entity to be able to dowload and execute routines in your machine automatically without your intervention.

If IE wasn't loaded @ boot you would have the same problem.
MS just did hide it elsewhere, consuming memory and make the OS slower to boot, worst than waiting 2-4 seconds for a complete browser to load.

But maybe you could suggest the FireFox team to include that neat Mozilla feature which leave it in memory.

:p

(I"m in a bad mood right now.)

PatrickL said:
One thing i dont like with firefox, and more i use more i hate it, it is the loading time.

Exactly !!!! IT's so freakin annoying ... looks like i have a 300mhz celeron / dial-up comp ... sad.

RainZ

rainz said:
PatrickL said:

Exactly !!!! IT's so freakin annoying ... looks like i have a 300mhz celeron / dial-up comp ... sad.

RainZ

This behaviour is actually a normal behaviour by any application. The reason that IE "appears" to load faster, is because components of IE are loaded by your machine when you first turn Windows on or sign on to your computer. It simply runs hidden in the background at all times until you click on the icon. Then IE goes through the process of simply connecting to the net, loading, and displaying the default webpage. In the meantime, you have an application running in the background, consumming memory resources that is not actually needed, (nor wanted).

Back