Listen, Fuad says Doom3 "owns" on Nvidia.

pretty sure the x800 can do this too.

Besides the nv3x benchmarks using lower persicion than ati wasn't keeping the fx line far ahead of the radeon line . Would be interesting to see though

Alstrong said:
as long as it maintains 60fps...... ;)

If that´s with 4xAA/8xAF in 1280*960*32 at least, I wouldn´t have much to complain about.

Ailuros said:
Alstrong said:

If that´s with 4xAA/8xAF in 1280*960*32 at least, I wouldn´t have much to complain about.

You are little bit too optimist. 4xAA/8xAF in 1280*960*32 prolly equal 5-20 fps

RainZ

rainz said:
Ailuros said:
Alstrong said:

You are little bit too optimist. 4xAA/8xAF in 1280*960*32 prolly equal 5-20 fps

RainZ

Au contraire, unless you´re thinking of past generation offerings.

AndrewM said:
I'd like to know how Fuad keeps consistently getting this wrong:

Nvidia GPUs are able to render texture values without Z or Color information

and...

...much as 32 textures without Z or Color info.

Lost in translation or is he just brain dead?
Indeed. I can't quite figure out just what he's trying to say.

Ailuros said:
My thoughts exactly.
I expect D3 to run just fine at hi-res with (reasonable) AA on the new cards, maybe even on R350 / NV35 (though with less AA there).

anaqer said:
Ailuros said:
My thoughts exactly.
I expect D3 to run just fine at hi-res with (reasonable) AA on the new cards, maybe even on R350 / NV35 (though with less AA there).

Quite a differance from November of 2002, when we first fired up the leaked Doom3 source for a peek at what was to come.

I can't remember the video card I had at that time, but I certainly remeber taking screenshots at 1600x1200x32x4AA and getting a whopping 3 - 4fps on average, lol.

digitalwanderer said:
The Baron said:
That was the E3 alpha. No source code included.
Hush you, let them have their fun. ;)

Whatever, you know what I meant. And digitalwanderer, get a life. 5,500 posts jesus christ. There's a new invention out pal, maybe you've heard of it, it's called a GIRL.

LOL

Mako said:
digitalwanderer said:
The Baron said:

Whatever, you know what I meant. And digitalwanderer, get a life. 5,500 posts jesus christ. There's a new invention out pal, maybe you've heard of it, it's called a GIRL.

LOL

What if he is a girl ?

Mako said:
digitalwanderer said:
The Baron said:

LOL

It's amazing how many people make this assumption about Dig, without knowing anything about him or his life, and just end up making an ass out of themselves. Enjoy your stay.

Back