Post your PS2 model no thread

Jov said:
Deepak said:

What is the difference between various models?

I think mine is the same model. As for the differences, bios revisions, # of usb ports, etc.

There are revisions that go further than that, the last one being quite radical, with integrated IR for the remote controller, DVDRW discs reading capability, pro-scan DVD playback, quiter fan etc...
I have the first version, bought it at launch... Poor thing, it's getting old...

Deepak said:
But we have I-link.

Which i have never used. In fact, all the front ports (USB and iLink) have been covered with a little plastic thing ever since launch and i've never ever taken the thing out.

I have 3

10000 (launch model)
37000 L (Ocean blue)
39004 (PAL)

Major differences (1xxxxx has a different colour temp. comparing to 3xxxxx)

1xxxx DVD driver needs to be installed to memory card, no expansion bay
3xxxx DVD driver built-in, HDD expansion bay
5xxxx Progressive scan DVD driver built-in, no i-Link, HDD expansion bay

I still am disgusted by the fact that Sony removed the i-link. How am I suppose to play GT3 with my friend now on two tv screens? :devilish:

Phil said:
I still am disgusted by the fact that Sony removed the i-link. How am I suppose to play GT3 with my friend now on two tv screens? :devilish:

Is that the only way to play GT3 on 2 screens? Strange, not sure why they'd do that... Maybe they figured there wasn't that many people using that feature and decided it was ok to ditch them, in order to cut costs...

I have a 30000 something model, v4. I have the one that came out RIGHT before the GT3 pack! It's almost died on me atleast 3 times, but I've always ripped it apart and raped the lens with an alcohol-soaked QTip and then it's good as new :)

zurich said:
I have a 30000 something model, v4. I have the one that came out RIGHT before the GT3 pack! It's almost died on me atleast 3 times, but I've always ripped it apart and raped the lens with an alcohol-soaked QTip and then it's good as new :)

U and the raping thing...... Did u use protection at least?

Phil said:
Well..i'm happy to own an old model.. :LOL:

london-boy said:
zurich said:

U and the raping thing...... Did u use protection at least?

Wow, I had no idea how phalic that sounded :oops:

(not my fault, it's PRIDE in TO right now - like 5 hours until I get to go HUNTING :D)

Phil said:
PS2+NetworkAdapter+GT4 and you'll never look back 8)

Murakami said:
Phil said:
Well..i'm happy to own an old model.. :LOL:

Heh, I'm one of the lucky ones too. I am just somewhat suprised that they would actually cut out interfaces which are actively used, especially by their most sold and biggest franchise: Gran Turismo.

I was also fiddling with the idea of getting a new model and using the old one as a linux server for development purpouses...

ChryZ: I know.. hehe, I still mean to post some pics.... </insider> ;)

I had 10000 Japanese model, recently deceased, due to over heating laser assembly (laser never powers off and have a much high than normal outout rating, melted the lens and also my tekken disc :( (dented the disk surface simply from th heat!!!.

If I adapt this laser, i'm sure I can patent it as a phaser.

Saving up to get a ceramic white model.

Katsura said:
I had 10000 Japanese model, recently deceased, due to over heating laser assembly (laser never powers off and have a much high than normal outout rating, melted the lens and also my tekken disc :( (dented the disk surface simply from th heat!!!.

If I adapt this laser, i'm sure I can patent it as a phaser.

Saving up to get a ceramic white model.

Are you sure about the above??? CD players lasers should be nowhere near that kind of power... Melting the dics??? Jesus! I'm sure that was due to some electrical malfunction, not the laser itself!

Back