ATI forgets Europe?

hjs

Newcomer
I heard some rumours that one of the biggest ATI sellers in Europe only got about 500 X800 Pro cores, because al the cores are going to Asus and Sapphire (there market is Asia and the US mainly) They also don't expect any X800XT before august :(

nVidia will start delivering cores next week i understood, so if youre a gamer in Europe and looking for the best 3D there is only one choice.
Because the 6800 en the X800 are close in most of the benchmarks I don't think a lot of gamers will wait for the X800 !!

Come on ATI, get this show on the Road in Europe !!

Does anybody knows the reason why ATI is having troubles in getting enough cards on the market ?

The X800 XT was made at the last minute to match the 16 pipes 6800 Ultra .. We are already lucky to get it now.

RainZ

Sapphire are fairly large in Europe and they won't concentrate only on the Asia Pacific markets - they have already sold more than 500 PRO boards in Europe.

The number of pipelines with with XT is not really an issue since R420 was designed with 16 pipes and they are yeilding in fairly large quantities with 16 pipes working (look at R423 - there aren't actually any non-16 pipe boards available). Two things are likely constraining them at the moment - lack of 600MHz RAM and probably allocation issues. ATI's entire line is now based on TSMC's two newest processes (130nm low-k and 110nm) and a lot of their orders are going to OEM's - production of R420 may not have fully ramped because of this.

DaveBaumann said:
Sapphire are fairly large in Europe and they won't concentrate only on the Asia Pacific markets - they have already sold more than 500 PRO boards in Europe.

I only know the situation in the netherlands a little, and last week, when teh X800 pro was finally for sale a lot of shops only received 1 (one) Sapphire X800 Pro (and a lot of shops none at all)

I don't trust the 500 number as i bought my sapphire X800 pro at a retailer in my town and he had 15 in stock It is not a big retailer and i live in a medium town :)

hjs said:
I heard some rumours that one of the biggest ATI sellers in Europe only got about 500 X800 Pro cores, because al the cores are going to Asus and Sapphire (there market is Asia and the US mainly) They also don't expect any X800XT before august :(

Sapphire and Asus also sell their products into Europe.

I'd take any rumours from a reseller with a pinch of salt. They nearly always blame someone else when you ask them why they don't have any stock, mainly because they don't want you to go somewhere else for your products.

oh, it isn't sapphire i heard the rumours about ;)

and yes i know asus and sapphire sell in europe, but there cards are also hard to get here. And i know one person who got a msi X800 pro and another who has a Gigabyte X800 pro (he didn't bought it ;) )

Availability is a small disaster here in the Netherlands, X800XT? what's that? It looks like we have more chance of purchasing one on Ebay when the next cards arrives and X800XT-users are selling their "old" x800xt's.
Every launch means a paperlaunch here. :(

Every retailer has the same issues no matter where you live in the world.
The problem usually lies with the distributor. On a new product without selling history most of them will order very limited quantities of these new products. When enough retailers ask for these new products, the distributor will increase their orders with manufacturers. Of course all of this requires time to get through the pipe. A good retailer that knows what they can sell makes the job for the distributor a whole lot easier as it will give them a heads up on what their needs will be. Unfortunately computer retailers don't like to carry to much inventory , they would prefer the distributor to carry it for them, but retailers are the ones that sell to the market. If your particular store doesn’t have a clue to what’s new and what he can sell then you as a customer will have a problem getting what you want, it's that simple.

That wannabee super power just to the south east of the UK. ;)

Dunno what hjs is going on about though, had my X800Pro for nearly a month now. Ebuyer had well over a hundred in stock back then aswell.

italy :
x800XT and Geforce6800ultra don't exist yet.
Only 2 cards avaiible right now (not many) are Sapphire x800pro and PoV 6800GT.
I got a pov 6800gt today. just don't ask for how much i paid for it :(

pino said:
italy :
x800XT and Geforce6800ultra don't exist yet.
Only 2 cards avaiible right now (not many) are Sapphire x800pro and PoV 6800GT.
I got a pov 6800gt today. just don't ask for how much i paid for it :(

un true , my cousin is the proud owner of a asus x800xt and he lives in molfeta (damn allways spell it wrong) italy . He has had it longer than i've had my x800xt .

I had a look around today on a few online retailers.

I can find plenty of X800pro's, but absolutely no XT's whatsoever.

I also found quite a few 6800GT's (which actualy seem to be cheaper than the X800pro's).

I think the X800XT situation is pretty much the same everywhere at the moment, not just in Europe.

I think the X800XT situation is pretty much the same everywhere at the moment, not just in Europe.

once again untrue . I've had my x800xt for a week. With most of the people i know getting thiers around the same time (some who preordered 3 weeks ago have not gotten them)

Ati said the middle of june and they started shipping them in the middle of june.

I have yet to find any store selling 6800s and nvidia said 45 days almost 2 months (mabye over that now) ago .

I look foward to getting an ultra . But so far i can't find them anywhere

DaveBaumann said:
They said two weeks after the PRO.

which was ? my sisters were able to get a pro almost a month ago. I was able to get an xt a week ago.

Sounds close to two weeks after .

We are of the understanding that Radeon X800 PRO boards are in production now, and could be shipping this week. Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition boards are presently scheduled to ship two weeks after the PRO.

that was from u guys on may 4th .

the first pro i heard of sold was the 12th of may , the first xt i heard of sold was the 6th of june . So about 3 and a half weeks then ?

10ish days later ?

Nvidia said 45 days when april 14th ?

so the 29th of may should have been 45 days correct ?

Were any 6800ultras shipping the 29th of may ? are any shipping now the 23th of june ?

Back