Vote for next NES games (for GBA)!

I voted for Baseball Stars and Tecmo Bowl.

I'd love to see a dual screen verson of Elite made for the Nintendo DS. Come on Nintendo update one of the great classic PC games of all time for the DS! And how about the arcade classic Star Castle while you're at it.

Where's the original version of Final Fantasy..... I know a remake is being made but still, they should have included it. Edit: Nevermind, found the option.

Everyone must click other and vote for manic mansion . Awsome game !!!!

Oh yea kid ick and punch out

Can't really think of many games that haven't already been ported. Sure, the turtle games were nice, but the snes version was better, as were the arcade versions which is what the gba should get. Maniac mansion would be nice though, but come on, how about actual remakes, or at least the best versions of these games?(plus, ever hear of pocketNes?)

Fox5 said:
Can't really think of many games that haven't already been ported. Sure, the turtle games were nice, but the snes version was better, as were the arcade versions which is what the gba should get. Maniac mansion would be nice though, but come on, how about actual remakes, or at least the best versions of these games?(plus, ever hear of pocketNes?)

Its hard enough to get million sellers remade.

jvd said:
Fox5 said:

Its hard enough to get million sellers remade.

Well...I'd still rather have the best versions of the game, especially for $20. It was bad when sega released the sega smash pack with only the genesis versions of the games(plus 1 or 2 pc ports, and virtua cop 2 may have been inferior on the pc, at least to the arcade version), but this is worse. If maniac mansion is coming back, I want the updated pc version's graphics with the nes version's sound. And the nes turtles games barely qualifed as the same thing as the arcade ones.(well, 1 and 3 weren't)

I just want maniac mansion my cart stoped working long ago. Doesn't matter which version i get.

Ty and Jvd, you can both have what you want with pocketnes. Pretty close to perfect nes emulator for gba, and supports single cart link up for games under 190KB.

BTW, super dodgeball advance didn't have multiplayer?

Fox5 said:
Ty and Jvd, you can both have what you want with pocketnes. Pretty close to perfect nes emulator for gba, and supports single cart link up for games under 190KB.

yes and how much does that cost ?

jvd said:
Fox5 said:

yes and how much does that cost ?

Well, pocket nes is free, but the flash carts can cost quite a bit. 256MegaBITS runs about $85, though it works out cheaper than the nes series if you put multiple games on.(that can basically fit the entire nes library on it) They also sell smaller carts. One problem though, at least according to the maker of one cart which doesn't use the gameboy link port to transfer information, claims that their cart is legal(direct usb connection into the cart) whereas the other ones violate nintendo copyrights on the link port.(I guess because they have to be compatible with it)

There is some shite titles on that list for sure.
Strider and TMNT to name two real bad ones i remember.
I believe the first TMNT on the Nes was sold by name alone and I know i quickly traded mine to someone for something else at the time i bought it.

Also the 194x series didn't port well over to the NES since they were quarter pumpers and well.. the NES had no quarters to insert. So your 3 lives which were easliy terminated meant game over, try again.

And call me sour grapes all around but i never liked the Nes ports of the "arcade classics" such as the Donkey Kong series either.

Now if Nintendo was for making the actual original arcade roms themselves work on the GBA that would be some treasure indeed.

BTW to play along, Kid Icarus, Punch Out!!, and Metroid i voted for and I definitly chose Rygar, that game is still fun to pound out on my Emu.

london-boy said:
Where can i find a copy of Maniac Mansion 2 for PC? That game was tearfully hilarious.

Here's a Fan remade Maniac Mansion called, originally, Maniac Mansion Deluxe. :D

Excellent, for the fans, of course.

Ladies and Gentleman, here are the results!

Famicom Mini Vol. 21 Super Mario Bros. 2
Famicom Mini Vol. 22 Nazo no Murasame
Famicom Mini Vol. 23 Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Famicom Mini Vol. 24 Metroid
Famicom Mini Vol. 25 Palthena's Mirror (Kid Icarus)
Famicom Mini Vol. 26 Shin Onigashima
Famicom Mini Vol. 27 Famicom Tantei Kurabu: Kieta Koukeisha
Famicom Mini Vol. 28 Famicom Tantei Kurabu II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo
Famicom MIni Vol. 29 Akumajou Dracula (Castlevania)
Famicom Mini Vol. 30 SD Gundam World: Gachapon Senshi Scramble Wars

thop said:
Ladies and Gentleman, here are the results!

Famicom Mini Vol. 21 Super Mario Bros. 2
Famicom Mini Vol. 22 Nazo no Murasame
Famicom Mini Vol. 23 Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Famicom Mini Vol. 24 Metroid
Famicom Mini Vol. 25 Palthena's Mirror (Kid Icarus)
Famicom Mini Vol. 26 Shin Onigashima
Famicom Mini Vol. 27 Famicom Tantei Kurabu: Kieta Koukeisha
Famicom Mini Vol. 28 Famicom Tantei Kurabu II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo
Famicom MIni Vol. 29 Akumajou Dracula (Castlevania)
Famicom Mini Vol. 30 SD Gundam World: Gachapon Senshi Scramble Wars

I think that's for the japanese Famicom mini series (Vol. 21 to 30, iirc only 8 Nes Classic have been released in the US)

Back