post your gt4 Prologue times!

I'll start it off, I got 1:52.429 with a r34 (the 2002 nissan skyline) in new york with TCS off and with "normal" tires (the third selection from the left). Total time of 2 laps was 3:52.290. Anyway if anybody can beat my time with the settings described I'll give them a cookie. If anybody has a good time to beat post it and I'll try to beat it :)

P.S Is it just me or does B3d have a severe lack of actual gamming related threads?

lol, It almost seems b3d memebers just buy their ps2/xbox or whatever just so they can say they have one and ocasionally play a game to analyze the graphical content. It really seems that nobody here plays games for their intended purpose of fun, but maybe thats just me :p

Freak'n Big Panda said:
lol, It almost seems b3d memebers just buy their ps2/xbox or whatever just so they can say they have one and ocasionally play a game to analyze the graphical content. It really seems that nobody here plays games for their intended purpose of fun, but maybe thats just me :p

Started playing today GT4 Prologue tonight, will let you know if I have some decent times.

I agreed with you regarding ppl on this forum actually playing the games... How they find the time I have no idea, given most spend so much time on here... not thats there's anything wrong with that. :LOL:

It flew across my front yard and took 12 seconds to go from one end to the other. THe frisbee did it in 10 seconds though.

I went inside and put in rc pro am and enjoyed my day :) :oops:

Freak'n Big Panda said:

Well, not for me, I have just finished FarCry tonight, vigorous shooting fun. And some hours of GTA VC a day or so ago.

I had recently played my TOS on the GC, and my Shadow Hearts II (again, and again) on my PS2, and some Star Ocean 3, too. Only the X-BOX was not touched since I bought and played GGXX #Reload for a while.

Freak'n Big Panda said:
well all i can say is your in the minority :p (Notcie how nobody has posted times yet :p Hopefully we'll have some tommorow when i wake up :)
bah i posted times !!!!!

I'm on it. :) Can't say I will have the time to beat your time though, I am still on my second way through, aiming for all gold in the licence. In other words, if you manage to get all golds on all licence tests, I'll give you a cookie! :D

I just finished off the blue licence tests (page 1, third batch) with all gold. The Honda NSX one was very tough, but I eventually did it! :D

Edit: Bloody typo. :oops: am a bit stressed out at work. :oops:

yea getting all gold is very hard. I was only able to get maybe 10 silvers... pretty well completly bronze. If you get all gold you get a few extra cars (I think like 4-5 in total) but I didn't feel it was worth it considering its a relativly low percewntage of the cars you unlock by getting all bronze. and the NSX is made by honda (acura in NA) :p. and yes jvd did post times... I can't seem to beat them either :p HEres some of my other times in new york with various cars with tcs on (note the time posted in my first post is tcs off) and with "normal" tires.

1:42.163 with takata dome nsx
1:49.168 with spoon Honda s2000
1:49.709 with Dodge Viper
1:52.298 with 2002 spirit mazda rx7

These times are pretty bad so nody should have a hard time beating them.

yap! of course, Honda NSX. Damn typo. :oops:

Hum, yep, it's pretty hard indeed. The only reason why I'm doing it, is because it's good fun and few cars are extremely difficult to master with the logitech force feedback pro wheel, making it quite an authentic experience. It's also amazing how much you can get out of each and every car. The Honda NSX licence test took me about 40 tries until I findally got it (and eventually beat the gold-time by over 1.5 seconds).

Another reason why I'm doing the tests, is because I am quite disgusted by the AI of the game, unfortunately. The drivers are stupid and often ruin a great race because they smash into you from behind and don't get punished either. It was already hard enough to even get close to actually achieving a gold in the McLaren track (you need to make up for 4 seconds AT LEAST with every lap to actually get close, not to mention overtaking the other 4 oponents on the way). Still didn't get gold there though...

Freak'n Big Panda, are you playing it with the logitech wheel? The experience is so much better and realistic.

BTW: As for tires: I noticed I can't use certain cars, like the Honda NSX or the McLaren F1 GTR with "normal" tires in arcade mode - only Rally tires. :!: Andyone have an idea why :?: Thanks...

Ooh ! And BTW, if you want to do online racing by the times, you can check this category of forums at GTPlanet.net

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12

I have just played GT4P for a while and my best time (after a few tries) for NY with R34 is 1:52.249, which is not a good time.

I played with normal tires, AT and everything else off on my Dual Shock 2.

Another reason why I'm doing the tests, is because I am quite disgusted by the AI of the game, unfortunately. The drivers are stupid and often ruin a great race because they smash into you from behind and don't get punished either. It was already hard enough to even get close to actually achieving a gold in the McLaren track (you need to make up for 4 seconds AT LEAST with every lap to actually get close, not to mention overtaking the other 4 oponents on the way). Still didn't get gold there though...

Freak'n Big Panda, are you playing it with the logitech wheel? The experience is so much better and realistic.

BTW: As for tires: I noticed I can't use certain cars, like the Honda NSX or the McLaren F1 GTR with "normal" tires in arcade mode - only Rally tires. Andyone have an idea why Thanks...

Yea the AI is horrible, even on pro their insanly easy to beat. And no I'm not playing with the logitech wheel.... I wish I was but that costs $, $ I don't have :p And about the tires, I think you mean racing tires. i'm not sure what version you have but with the japanese version the last tire selection is only for race cars, like the McLaren F1 GTR or the takata dome nsx. The normal NSX should be able to use street, sport, and normal tires though. Only racing tires should be greyed out. For all non-race cars racing tires are not selectable.

Ooh ! And BTW, if you want to do online racing by the times, you can check this category of forums at GTPlanet.net

I have just played GT4P for a while and my best time (after a few tries) for NY with R34 is 1:52.249, which is not a good time.

Thanks I will sign up for thoose fourms they look really good! Anyway 1:52.249 is a really good time! Maybe not to u but it is to me... I guess I'm a GT newb. Is it just me or is the r34 unatrually good at drifting? I mean when i use cars that are traditionally considered drifters (s14 comes to mind) I can't seem to get em sideways but with the r34 its just sooo easy.

Freak'n Big Panda said:

Thanks I will sign up for thoose fourms they look really good! Anyway 1:52.249 is a really good time! Maybe not to u but it is to me... I guess I'm a GT newb. Is it just me or is the r34 unatrually good at drifting? I mean when i use cars that are traditionally considered drifters (s14 comes to mind) I can't seem to get em sideways but with the r34 its just sooo easy.

Wait til you try it with the road tire, it is even easier to drift.

Freak'n Big Panda said:
And about the tires, I think you mean racing tires. i'm not sure what version you have but with the japanese version the last tire selection is only for race cars, like the McLaren F1 GTR or the takata dome nsx. The normal NSX should be able to use street, sport, and normal tires though. Only racing tires should be greyed out. For all non-race cars racing tires are not selectable.

Actually, the odd thing is, the only available tires in arcade mode for the McLaren F1 GTR are infact Rally tires! I suppose, it's some kind of bug because it doesn't really make any sense. It's quite a shame though, because the car is noticably harder to control on the track and easily looses control when using full throttle to accelarate out of curves.

Oh and for the record, it's a shame it's the long version of the McLaren F1 GTR. I was hoping to see the normal version. :( Still a blast to drive though... :D

Back