Euro 2004 Portugal

Rune said:
Denmark-Sweden 2-2 in a thriller of a match!
Kinda funny because I was reading a football forum before the match and there was a lot of talk about the fact the two teams had arranged for a 2 all draw since it would send them both through to the quarters. So, quite suprising when it happened :) However, I don't think for a minute it was a fix and I'm glad that boring, defensive Italy got undone - they have a lot of talented players but their squad is always so negative. Well done the Danes and Swedes!

Diplo said:
Rune said:
Denmark-Sweden 2-2 in a thriller of a match!
Kinda funny because I was reading a football forum before the match and there was a lot of talk about the fact the two teams had arranged for a 2 all draw since it would send them both through to the quarters. So, quite suprising when it happened :) However, I don't think for a minute it was a fix and I'm glad that boring, defensive Italy got undone - they have a lot of talented players but their squad is always so negative. Well done the Danes and Swedes!

That couldn't have been fixed. We were just not ruthless enough in front of the goal. we had the chaces though.

All 4 goals were a bit fishy to me, especially the last one. Big blunder by the keeper. I felt sorry for Italy when they scored, just to find out the other game was 2:2. Classic drama.

thop said:
All 4 goals were a bit fishy to me, especially the last one. Big blunder by the keeper. I felt sorry for Italy when they scored, just to find out the other game was 2:2. Classic drama.

What! I don't see it at all. the gk tried to grap it I don't even think it was a blunder. As far as the other goals go they were fair and square. You really need your tin-foil hat on if you believe the game was rigged.

I'm not saying the game was rigged, it's just natural that the players play towards a 2:2 when there is the oppurtunity. 1st goal keeper 5 meters in front of the goal, 2nd one penalty (no reason for the keeper to run out so early anyway), 3rd was ok, 4th blunder.

But then again my tin foil hat is sitting really tight today :D

Euro 2004 has become big headache for me, matches start at 12.15 am and get over by 2.15 am so I get only 5 hrs sleep bec'se I have to go office in morning. :)

I hope Dutch qualify from other group rather than Germany.

Deepak said:
Euro 2004 has become big headache for me, matches start at 12.15 am and get over by 2.15 am so I get only 5 hrs sleep bec'se I have to go office in morning. :)

I hope Dutch qualify from other group rather than Germany.

Germany have to beat the czechs but theyve made 9 changes from the side who beat holland.

italy only scored 3 goals across the 3 games,, this is what let them down... they should have ensured that their qualification was down to them.... i *really* think this is a 'good thing' that a team who tends to be very negative , ie 'let in less goals than you score' rather than 'score more than the opposition' has gone out . . . . . . . . .

-dave-

they even needed injury time to get the result to 2-1 ! sheesh !

thop said:
I'm not saying the game was rigged, it's just natural that the players play towards a 2:2 when there is the oppurtunity. 1st goal keeper 5 meters in front of the goal, 2nd one penalty (no reason for the keeper to run out so early anyway), 3rd was ok, 4th blunder.

But then again my tin foil hat is sitting really tight today :D

1st goal is a contender for goal of the tournament, Jon Dahl hit it perfectly, the keeper is hardly to blame for that.
2nd goal, referee gave the penalty even if it was a little dodgy.

And don't forget the ton of chances Denmark had at 2-1 to make it 3-1. We (the danes) wanted to win, now we have to face the Chechs, my personal favourite for the title.

Cheers
Gubbi

On current form I think Czech and England are strongest contenders for the title. I think these matches have showed that unless you control midfield you cannot do well.

Deepak said:
On current form I think Czech and England are strongest contenders for the title. I think these matches have showed that unless you control midfield you cannot do well.

On the money :)

Apparently

Chelski is giving Everton 50 mil for Roonski and 30 mil to Liverpool for mister pass the ball to Henry in 93 minute... (Gerrardski)

nice :)

We beat England in the last Euro and if we play with the same spirit that we showed against Spain, we will beat them again. :D

Go Portugal !!!!! 8)

Deepak said:
BTW, why is Kluivert not there in Dutch team??

Internal difficulties.

(The Dutch team is packed with Prima Donnas and they're all squabbling with each other like small children -- one reason I'd have preferred Germany to win through rather than the Dutch)

Pairing him with Van Nistelrooy worked out so well in the past too ...

If you were given the choice putting in one of the two who would you pick?

Back