Testing with UT2K4 retail

Zvekan

Newcomer
What is the easiest way to test performance in UT2K4 retail?

For demo version there were scripts, but I cannot find them for the full (retail) version?

How Beyond3D tests? (I know they use custom demo, but what do you write in console to get bechmark run started)

Zvekan

There's a website that offers a front-end to bench UT2K4, but I can't think of the name right now....

Wait, got it: UnrealMark.

Was accidentally left out of the retail release, but benchmark.exe was put back in the first patch. You may however want to wait, as the second patch is out very soon now, which may invalidate results.

If you are running the latest patch, you can use UnrealMark/UMark found here: http://www.unrealmark.com/ . The download link is at the top of the page. Select your game (ut2003/2004) and your install type (umod/zip) and it should present you with download options.

SmuvMoney said:
If you are running the latest patch, you can use UnrealMark/UMark found here: http://www.unrealmark.com/ . The download link is at the top of the page. Select your game (ut2003/2004) and your install type (umod/zip) and it should present you with download options.

I cannot find a working mirror for UMark.

Will have to try patch first, but found BenchemAll utility that lets you test performance in 3 standard demos or custom without patch. How can I make a flyby demo?

Cho - You link doesnt work for me :(

Zvekan

What I do is this:

(1) Fire up a listen server with just me in it
(2) Pull down the console by pressing ~ or `
(3) Type in demorec name for the demo - eg. demorec test
(4) Whizz around the map, doing whatever you want
(5) When done, type stopdemo in the console.
(6) Return to the main menu.
(7) To play back the demo as a timedemo, type in the following: demoplay name of demo?timedemo - for example, demoplay test?timedemo.
(8 ) Once the timedemo has finished, it'll return to the main menu again and if you pull down the console, the number of frames, length of time and average frame rate will be displayed. You can record and timedemo botmatches in the same way if you wish.

I've found that UMark doesn't work with my install of UT2004 for some reason.

It took me a minute to find the links the first time, too. Use the drop-down menus on the top right to set the version you want, then click on the U pic right below the menus.

Pete said:
It took me a minute to find the links the first time, too. Use the drop-down menus on the top right to set the version you want, then click on the U pic right below the menus.

That was the first problem, but I managed to solve it in couple of minutes :)

The next is not being able to download nor source, nor umod from sourceforge. I tried around 6 mirrors.

But never mind I'll try Neeyik's method (thnx :))

Zvekan

Np. UMark is handy in that it'll let you queue a bunch of timedemos in a row, of varying maps at varying resolutions and with varying settings. Depending on how ambitious you are with your benchmarks, you may find it useful.

FYI, in the future you can always check FileMirrors.com and FileFront.com for downloads. The former has a single, working link for "UMark".

If you want, I can email you the copy I have on my HD (1.20b1, 276kB)--just PM me your email addy. But you should be able to find UMark via one of those two sites.

Back