Power VR 5

iwod

Newcomer
Kyro 2 and Geforce 2 MX are the only cardso far that i would say are very value for money when compared to their other GFx card in their time.

I had a Kyro and was actually quite impress with it, cheap, and not Hot that need a huge fan to run it. I have always wanted another PowerVR chip based gfx card.

Does any body know when this PowerVR 5 is coming out?

I don't know, I hope before the end of the year.

Kristof and Simonf might now, but they are unlikely to tell you.

Stop it...stop it...STOP IT. 8)

Otherwise, I'll have to start a thread about how if "3dfx Rampage" came out today, it would still kick everyone's ass ... :devilish:

Perhaps if we all chipped in and raised a few hundred million we could get them to release it on the pc ?

I will throw in 10 bucks

I will throw in a 100 :devilish:

You see, i think what is stopping PowerVR from sucessful ( or at least last time ) was the driver. But what if the driver could be open source??

its because they didn't put out a high end .

I think everyone agress that out of all the other chip makers they are the most likely to go toe to toe with ati and nvidia .

a 16x1 300mhz powervr chip would make the x800xt its bitch .

I think we can all agree with that .

Just everyone here has given up hope of seeing them do that because of the past .

Joe DeFuria said:
Stop it...stop it...STOP IT. 8)

Otherwise, I'll have to start a thread about how if "3dfx Rampage" came out today, it would still kick everyone's ass ... :devilish:

if you do that, I'll promise to launch another thread about how Pyramid3D would have revolutionized the hardware 3D! :devilish:

anyone here as ex-rendition fan? we are still missing "V3300/V4400 would have changed the memory busses forever" -thread. ;)

Nappe1 said:
anyone here as ex-rendition fan? we are still missing "V3300/V4400 would have changed the memory busses forever" -thread. ;)

yeah really! if the Rendition V4400 had come out... mmm man, yummy. Had T&L :D

I'm surprised Ailuros or The Baron haven't replied yet! Maybe they know more than the rest of us.

Anyway, the word on the street is soon.

Back