Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Documents

My point is that ChrisRay is claiming this response is an internal pr response, which means one of two things:
1) He works for nVidia's pr team and thus received this reply
2) This is not really an internal pr response as they can not claim this is an internal response if they are passing it to outsiders.

From the responses since my original post, I'm assuming this is deceptively being called an internal ps response to the leaked slides but is really meant for us.

Again, I'm not talking about the slides...I'm talking about this "internal ps response".

Or that's what he was told by Derek Perez who does work for nVidia and he relayed it to us out of the goodness-o-his-heart. (Thanks again Chris Ray, the information was very much appreciated and I hope you continue to share interesting things ya find! :) )

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
bGeek said:
:LOL:

I bet I can pick out the people that have never sat in an internal Sales presentation for a technology company. This is pretty standard fare from my experience. I work for a software company(not gaming related in any way) and have seen worse said about competitors.

If you think ATI doesn't say similar things to thier sales staff I will sell you some prime real-estate in the everglades...

Fact is, even for internal presentations when you are conveying to your staff what you want them to say to your customers, you don't slate the competiton if you can point to your own product being better instead.

Companies only get reduced to throwing mud at their competitors when they are desperate, have a corporate culture of being slimy, or are trying to sell you a product they know is inferior. Sometimes all of the above.

Not neccesarily. My company has been at the top 1 or 2 spot in an explosive technology market. One of the best ways to sell against your competitor is to point out thier Fud, Spin or whatever you want to call it. I'm not saying you fully concentrate on it but you most certainly are aware of it.

For example Company A has a widget that is self-cleaning.
Company B has a widget that has a replaceable part.

Company A is going to rave about self cleaning and point out how expensive it is in the long run to continue replacing the part.

Company B is going to rave about replaceable parts for potential future upgrades. In addition they are going to point out that the self-cleaning loses effectiveness over time and you have to replace the whole widget sooner.

This is typical Sales and EVERY company does it. Ever bought a car? Ever told the Jeep Grand Cherokee salesman you are also looking at say a Toyota 4 Runner? He will at some point as subtly as possible or blatenly point out the flaws of the 4 runner. All the while pointing out the great features of the Grand Cherokee (and skating around the weaknesses).

That is all just smart selling. Not my style but 9 out of 10 salesmen will run this game. It also helps when a customer points out something about the competitors product that you can't match up favorably to.

digitalwanderer said:
Or that's what he was told by Derek Perez who does work for nVidia and he relayed it to us out of the goodness-o-his-heart. (Thanks again Chris Ray, the information was very much appreciated and I hope you continue to share interesting things ya find! :) )
In that case, it's not really an "internal" response. You can continue to believe that if you want, but the rest of us can see it for what it really is. I'm sure he let us know about this out of the "goodness of his heart" instead of this being really meant for us from the start. :rolleyes: Yeah, you keep on beliving this is an "internal response" :rolleyes: Do you have any evidence that this is an "internal" response besides your goal of placing your nose between ChrisRay's butt cheaks?

ChrisW said:
2) This is not really an internal pr response as they can not claim this is an internal response if they are passing it to outsiders.

They claimed the slides were internal when they weren't, so I guess there's nothing to stop them doing the same with an 'internal' response to the slides. ;)

I'm starting to get the feeling that nVidia doesn't really understand what the term "internal" means, or else they've got a really different definition of it! :?

digitalwanderer said:
I'm starting to get the feeling that nVidia doesn't really understand what the term "internal" means, or else they've got a really different definition of it! :?

Nappe tries to get a job at nvidia marketing: "...but Internal means same as 'Intentional' and 'global', does it?"

;)

digitalwanderer said:

Inconceivable!

ChrisW said:
In that case, it's not really an "internal" response. You can continue to believe that if you want, but the rest of us can see it for what it really is. I'm sure he let us know about this out of the "goodness of his heart" instead of this being really meant for us from the start. :rolleyes: Yeah, you keep on beliving this is an "internal response" :rolleyes: Do you have any evidence that this is an "internal" response besides your goal of placing your nose between ChrisRay's butt cheaks?
You can't get a whole lot more "internal" at nVidia PR than Derek Perez, I'm not the confused one here.

You really might want to watch it with the insults friend, I'm not always this nice about 'em. ;)

BRiT said:
Inconceivable!
You got the reference! :D (Princess Bride: "I do not think you are using that word correctly" -Indigo Manatoya)

digitalwanderer said:

It's like most everything else at nVidia PR: words "mean" what it's expedient for them to mean at a particular time, which is why most of their PR positions seems so contradictory over a given period. Internal to nVidia, however, there is never a contradiction, because the nVidia PR dictionary doesn't contain the word "external" (which is what you have to be in relation to nVidia to see the contradictions.)

...:D

Back