Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Documents

Fodder said:
I thought he said they weren't sorry and wouldn't apologise.
He said he wouldn't apologize for the content of the slides, but he was sorry that they were "leaked" to the public.

His definition of "leaked" must be a special nVidia definition or something is about the best explanation I can come up with short of Derek Perez flat-out lying thru his teeth.

Re: Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Docum

ChrisRay said:
I posted this at nvnews, And now Here.

I just recieved this from Nvidia, this is an 'internal" reply from their PR team. and I have been given permission to post it.

Here's is there responce to the leaked documents.

"This is a presentation developed by NVIDIA for its sales team. The
presentation was developed to help arm the team with information on the
competitive product offerings.

These slides are just a few pulled from an entire NVIDIA product
presentation - which includes, product positioning, messaging, and
competitive analysis. As you will see - these slides were INTERNAL ONLY.
They were never used outside of NVIDIA.

We're not sorry for doing these slides - as they are intended for NVIDIA
only personnel.

We are however sorry that someone has decided to leak this information."

Feel Free to comment.
Of course, the question I want to know is why is nVidia sending you internal PR documents? Unless, of course, you are a member of nVidia's PR team...

ChrisW said:
Of course, the question I want to know is why is nVidia sending you internal PR documents? Unless, of course, you are a member of nVidia's PR team...

From here

vr-zone said:
NVIDIA held a conference call for members of the press this morning. Apart from downplaying of ATi R420 architecture at the first half of the presentation slides, here are some latest updates on the GeForce 6800 GPUs :

AlphaWolf said:
ChrisW said:

From here

vr-zone said:
NVIDIA held a conference call for members of the press this morning. Apart from downplaying of ATi R420 architecture at the first half of the presentation slides, here are some latest updates on the GeForce 6800 GPUs :

Thats not where I got the information.

ChrisRay said:

Do I have to draw you a diagram?

Read the quote I posted from vr-zone.

Now go back and read what DW said, then read ChrisW's response to him.

edited in ChrisW for your

AlphaWolf said:
ChrisRay said:

Do I have to draw you a diagram?

Read the quote I posted from vr-zone.

Now go back and read what DW said, then read your response to him.

I guess you do. It looked like you were responding to ChrisW. Correct me if I'm wrong. Your above quote appears to be responding to ChrisW's post quoting me.

Am I missing something here? I dont even see where DW is involved. Anyway. I see no precedent for the flame. If I did mis understand. It's an easy mis understanding to have. Because at this point. I'm not sure what you are even talking about. Since my post was directed at your quote ChrisW quoting me. Perhaps you can clarify.

Anyway, I apologise if I have misunderstood the nature of your post.

Joe DeFuria said:
ChrisRay:

Are you a member of nVidia's PR team, and if not, how did you get a hold of the slides?.

??

He never had any slides, he had the response from nvidia only.

I cannot even understand Alphawolf's post, I think I would like him to draw a picture as his wording is so unclear.

I was seriously considering a GT until I read those slides. The GT overall has a very solid performance to price ratio. I cannot however purchase a card knowing full well that in some way i'm contributing to the paycheck of whomever slapped those slides together.

Those slides I would expect from a company hanging on for dear life, trying to make one last stand before the ultimate crash as they feel like a cornered rat. Nvidia is in very good financial standing though, with amazing engineers and a fantastic new product. Something is going on behind the scene's at Nvidia and whatever it is, it's very wrong.

I enjoyed how Hardocp, included a link to the x800xt review right below the quote from Derek Perez. It almost felt like Kyle was extending a middle finger back towards Perez's brash response.

Dean said:
I was seriously considering a GT until I read those slides. The GT overall has a very solid performance to price ratio. I cannot however purchase a card knowing full well that in some way i'm contributing to the paycheck of whomever slapped those slides together.

It's not like you won't contribute to pretty much the same thing if you buy a ATI card. Better go for a Parhelia if you want to be really sure about not giving money to any PR guys :)

Hey! Back off poor Chris Ray!

All Chris did was to contact nVidia and get a comment from Derek on the leak, Chris didn't leak the slides nor do I believe he knows anything about that.

If'n you're all confused about how Chris accused me of putting words in his mouth, me and him cleared that up a while back. His letter from Derek is a lie, but no where in Derek's letter does it say they were used in a press conference....all Derek said to Chris was that the slides were developed for internal use only and not intended for public consumption.

The lie is that the slides were shown by nVidia to the press, that's why we're all talking about them.

Please back off Chris a bit, he just came to share some very pertinent information and it was very kind of him....I'd hate to discourage that sort of thing in the future!

Derek Perez is a lying shitbag, Chris Ray is an alright guy who is just giving us the news that lets us know about how much of a lying shitbag DP is.

If matrox actually released all the specs for opensource drivers under linux, there is a good chance I'd trade my 9700pro for a parahelia. I really wish 3dfx was back. :(

Nite_Hawk

Xmas said:
Is there any proof that these slides and the ones described as "downplaying of ATi R420 architecture at the first half of the presentation slides" are the same?

Bjorn said:
Dean said:

It's not like you won't contribute to pretty much the same thing if you buy a ATI card. Better go for a Parhelia if you want to be really sure about not giving money to any PR guys :)
Yeah, because Matrox laid off their PR guys. :LOL:

Xmas said:
Xmas said:
Is there any proof that these slides and the ones described as "downplaying of ATi R420 architecture at the first half of the presentation slides" are the same?
Well Derek Perez said they were, but I don't know how much weight I'd put in that....
bleh2.gif

DaveBaumann said:
Read your PM!!
I didn't get it yet, but I will as soon as you reply.

dizietsma said:
Joe DeFuria said:
ChrisRay:

Are you a member of nVidia's PR team, and if not, how did you get a hold of the slides?.

??

He never had any slides, he had the response from nvidia only.

I'm just trying to bluntly ask what ChrisW / AlphaWolf seemed to be cryptic about. I'm not trying to slam anyone. ;)

I'm confused Joe, which parts of there posts are you finding cryptic? (I'm not trying to be troublesome, I honestly don't see them bits. :( )

EDITED BITS: I think I see it, I think we're confusing our Chris' here. ChrisW asked Chris Ray where he got his letter from Derek Perez from if not the press conference....Chris Ray already stated that he e-mailed DP and that was DP's response to him. (BTW-Hey Chris Ray, didn't his e-mail have that half-a-page scary lawyer talk saying they could sue you a new arsehole if you revealed the contents of the e-mail? The ones he sent me always did, not that I paid it any attention. ;) )

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
bGeek said:
:LOL:

I bet I can pick out the people that have never sat in an internal Sales presentation for a technology company. This is pretty standard fare from my experience. I work for a software company(not gaming related in any way) and have seen worse said about competitors.

If you think ATI doesn't say similar things to thier sales staff I will sell you some prime real-estate in the everglades...

Fact is, even for internal presentations when you are conveying to your staff what you want them to say to your customers, you don't slate the competiton if you can point to your own product being better instead.

Companies only get reduced to throwing mud at their competitors when they are desperate, have a corporate culture of being slimy, or are trying to sell you a product they know is inferior. Sometimes all of the above.

I agree 110%, I have been in a few hundred sales meetings for my X company, besides pertinent information about our product lines, we rarely mentioned the competition, unless it was something they claimed that their product could do in a way that was different than ours. This information was never allowed outside our meetings and was returned to be kept on file. We never had to resort to mud slinging even when it would have been warranted. Every sales meeting was left with a positive attitude for our product line. Mind you our industry is a lot more mature years in existance wise and much higher world wide sales, we also have more than one competitor.

BTW I worked at manufacture level sales so we have distributors and retailers people to deal with, you would never ever hear one of our sales staff bad mouthing another line, it would be considered very un proffesional by distributors and retailers. I think it's because the graphic industry is not mature yet and they don't know how to get their message across to their people without being negative. They will learn in time.

ChrisRay said:
I guess you do. It looked like you were responding to ChrisW. Correct me if I'm wrong. Your above quote appears to be responding to ChrisW's post quoting me.

Am I missing something here? I dont even see where DW is involved. Anyway. I see no precedent for the flame. If I did mis understand. It's an easy mis understanding to have. Because at this point. I'm not sure what you are even talking about. Since my post was directed at your quote ChrisW quoting me. Perhaps you can clarify.

Anyway, I apologise if I have misunderstood the nature of your post.

My apologies it should have said ChrisW, not your.

Back