Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Documents

Evildeus said:
but that has nothing to do with IQ preference in the first poll.
The question is, can you spot which one was rendered by a X800 and people said no i don't know/can't tell.
the second qestion is, whatever is the card use to render the image, which one do you prefer.

If you can't spot the difference, i think your logical is skewed.

I don't believe so. If you can't spot a diffrence in the 3 pictures and hten later vote for a prefrence that can't be.

Becasue no diffrences = no change in image quality = no prefrence.

Not only that but i also believe do to the disscusions many went into the tests thinking the r420 would look ugly . Which also skewed results and some people coming into this wanting ati to come out looking good and some wanting them to look bad.

Personaly.

I would have done What card is this picture. have 3 or 4 options .

then do another card . Then go back to the first , then do another card .

1 every so many days .

or i would have done 3 images all the same with which one is the r420 .

That would have been interesting

You can vote for don't know/can't tell in the "which one is a X800", even if you see a difference. Now go figure why ;)

Richthofen said:
davefb said:
i quite enjoyed the slide mentioning how the r420 is based on 2 yr old architecture,,, then going to hardocp's direct comparison review...

wow ,so nvidia are telling me that ati's two year old architecture is faster at playing games.. wierd for nv pr to be saying that ;)

you mean faster with trillinear and af cheat enabled?

well i dont know how they set the nvidia card up do i . ;)

grief ,how is something like this a cheat , is zbuffer compression a "cheat" ?
-dave-

radar1200gs said:
Of course your beloved ATi would never stoop to belittling the competition in a "private" presentation (save the nanosecond.ppt), would they?

Save the nanosecond was a public presentation and maybe you go see it (it available as stream on ati.com), then maybe you would stop posting your completely unfounded accusations (even thou I know you rarely lets facts come in your way).

Is there any proof that these slides and the ones described as "downplaying of ATi R420 architecture at the first half of the presentation slides" are the same?

I think I just made up my mind, my next generation product will be ATI ... I hade some doubts before but a company that lacks so much confidence and has not abiliy to present their products speaks volumes about the product - well surely they know more than I do about their inferiority.

As I already said - they convinced me - ATI for me this round... (unless thjey start selling GT for £150 wile the X800pro is £300 :) )

Re: Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Docum

Moose said:
ChrisRay said:

"This is a presentation developed by NVIDIA for its sales team. "

If this is how they train their sales team its no wonder that Nvidia's PR is so slimy and deceptive. :(

You have obviously not dealt with a lot of sales people before. They want and need clear and concise messages to draw on. KISS principle pretty much.

These slide pages are "attack pages" that give NVDA sales folks a consistent message when they get questions about ATI's latest card. Lots of sales guys won't be graphics experts nor will the buyers they talk to, so they need slides like this to quickly and clearly say why ATI's product is not as good as theirs.

I'm sure ATI has similar sales slides attacking NVDA's latest cards too, so don't get too worked up about it. And they're guaranteed to be pretty much in the same flavor and style. Nothing really controversial about this stuff--they're just interesting to see how one company responds to another.

jvd said:
Evildeus said:
I don't think so.
Well if i understand you correctly the X800 is the worst one? Indeed i'm :oops: by seeing you don't seem to understand the implications of your way of thinking.

I'm saying the polls are wrong.

You can't go from not being able to tell / i don't know in the majority to suddenly a prefrence .

So the polls are skewed.

In which way (nvida people picking the nv38 to be the prefrence or ati people picking the r420 to be it) but they are skewed.

I'd say that "the polls are wrong" is heavily supported by the out-cry over brilinear last year. We really need a poll with the techniques in motion, now THAT would be interesting :)

Tim said:
Richthofen said:
you mean faster with trillinear and af cheat enabled?

So lets just ignore the fact that nVidia is doing the exact same thing regarding trillinear.

where? I still can force trillinear on a GF 6800 if i use the correct driver without stage optimization.

:LOL:

I bet I can pick out the people that have never sat in an internal Sales presentation for a technology company. This is pretty standard fare from my experience. I work for a software company(not gaming related in any way) and have seen worse said about competitors.

If you think ATI doesn't say similar things to thier sales staff I will sell you some prime real-estate in the everglades...

bGeek said:

I bet I can pick out the people that have never sat in an internal Sales presentation for a technology company. This is pretty standard fare from my experience. I work for a software company(not gaming related in any way) and have seen worse said about competitors.

If you think ATI doesn't say similar things to thier sales staff I will sell you some prime real-estate in the everglades...

the problem was, it wasnt an internal presentation...as soon as you invite the press, which they did, you should assume its a public presentation

gokickrocks said:
the problem was, it wasnt an internal presentation...as soon as you invite the press, which they did, you should assume its a public presentation
Which also makes Derek Perez's "we're sorry it was leaked" line kind of sound like total BS. ;)

bGeek said:

That's the thing. I think save the nanosecond was a good indication of how ATI handles it's internal affairs, which isn't anywhere near as cutthroat as we are seeing with nvidia, or childlike. :)

And as many have mentioned, it's not really internal when you send it off to the press.

bGeek said:

Fact is, even for internal presentations when you are conveying to your staff what you want them to say to your customers, you don't slate the competiton if you can point to your own product being better instead.

Companies only get reduced to throwing mud at their competitors when they are desperate, have a corporate culture of being slimy, or are trying to sell you a product they know is inferior. Sometimes all of the above.

ANova said:
And as many have mentioned, it's not really internal when you send it off to the press.
But what if they say it's internal and then use it internally for an internal press conference....mebbe THAT'S what DP meant. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
ANova said:
But what if they say it's internal and then use it internally for an internal press conference....mebbe THAT'S what DP meant. ;)

Of course! :rolleyes:

digitalwanderer said:
Which also makes Derek Perez's "we're sorry it was leaked" line kind of sound like total BS. ;)
I thought he said they weren't sorry and wouldn't apologise.

Tim said:
radar1200gs said:
Of course your beloved ATi would never stoop to belittling the competition in a "private" presentation (save the nanosecond.ppt), would they?

Save the nanosecond was a public presentation and maybe you go see it (it available as stream on ati.com), then maybe you would stop posting your completely unfounded accusations (even thou I know you rarely lets facts come in your way).
I think radar1200gs is refering to the leaked version of the presentation that had editor's notes that didn't show up on the actual slides. I thought Nvidia's presentation was pretty standard fare except for the part where they insulted Ati by saying they didn't know how to make a SM3.0 part. It's pretty clear they took Dave Orton's comment out of context and misinterpreted the meaning.

Back