Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Documents

Re: ...

jvd said:
I think you should say that your sory to dig . That was uncalled for and as he showed unfounded .
Nah, I know Ragejg didn't mean it nasty like. He's always been rather level-headed and a pretty good fellow in me book.

Besides, I can see where he thought I meant it that way...I really should have been more clear. :oops:

i quite enjoyed the slide mentioning how the r420 is based on 2 yr old architecture,,, then going to hardocp's direct comparison review...

wow ,so nvidia are telling me that ati's two year old architecture is faster at playing games.. wierd for nv pr to be saying that ;)

-dave-

i *really* dont see the problem with these ( apart from maybe the possibilty of deliberate leaking)... sales dudes arent scientists,, they're sales people,, they need to be told the points to raise when selling to 'best buy' or whatever.

davefb said:
i quite enjoyed the slide mentioning how the r420 is based on 2 yr old architecture,,, then going to hardocp's direct comparison review...

wow ,so nvidia are telling me that ati's two year old architecture is faster at playing games.. wierd for nv pr to be saying that ;)

you mean faster with trillinear and af cheat enabled?

What a sad little pack of hypocrites you all are! Any excuse to jump down nVidia's neck and praise ATi to the nines will do.

Of course your beloved ATi would never stoop to belittling the competition in a "private" presentation (save the nanosecond.ppt), would they?

radar1200gs said:
Of course your beloved ATi would never stoop to belittling the competition in a "private" presentation (save the nanosecond.ppt), would they?

Hmm... I don't remember anything even close to the scale of the bile spouted in these nVidia slides in the presentation you refer to. Care to furnish us with some incriminating evidence?

Well, i think it's being guileless to think that just Nv is doing this sort of thing.

As for AF, sure Nv is doing an optimized algo (brilinear) but it seems that people prefer it over X800's one (see poll), and don't forget that you can't get trilinear on X800s and you can on 6800s.

davefb said:
i *really* dont see the problem with these ( apart from maybe the possibilty of deliberate leaking)... sales dudes arent scientists,, they're sales people,, they need to be told the points to raise when selling to 'best buy' or whatever.

If it was an internal presentation only why did press recieve it?

whql said:
davefb said:

If it was an internal presentation only why did press recieve it?

because we all know that the press likes to keep things to themselves :p

Evildeus said:
Well, i think it's being guileless to think that just Nv is doing this sort of thing.

As for AF, sure Nv is doing an optimized algo (brilinear) but it seems that people prefer it over X800's one (see poll), and don't forget that you can't get trilinear on X800s and you can on 6800s.

to be fair, for the most part of the poll people were selecting the nv38's brilinear over the r360's trilinear, till people starting chiming in and we had a reversal of poll leaders...

radar1200gs said:
What a sad little pack of hypocrites you all are! Any excuse to jump down nVidia's neck and praise ATi to the nines will do.

It's funny how nvidia has you by the balls. I'm looking at 'save the nanosecond' right now and in comparison to these slides I see a much more professional presentation.

Evildeus said:
Even worse then. People say they hate it, and then find it the best, WTF? :oops:

I think the poll was skewed anyway .

You have alot of people looking for the worse one and picking it in one poll as ati's method (enough to skew results )

and then in the next poll you have them picking the nv30 methord as the best to once again skew results .

I don't think so.
Well if i understand you correctly the X800 is the worst one? Indeed i'm :oops: by seeing you don't seem to understand the implications of your way of thinking.

Evildeus said:
I don't think so.
Well if i understand you correctly the X800 is the worst one? Indeed i'm :oops: by seeing you don't seem to understand the implications of your way of thinking.

I'm saying the polls are wrong.

You can't go from not being able to tell / i don't know in the majority to suddenly a prefrence .

So the polls are skewed.

In which way (nvida people picking the nv38 to be the prefrence or ati people picking the r420 to be it) but they are skewed.

but that has nothing to do with IQ preference in the first poll.
The question is, can you spot which one was rendered by a X800 and people said no i don't know/can't tell.
the second qestion is, whatever is the card use to render the image, which one do you prefer.

If you can't spot the difference, i think your logical is skewed.

Back