Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Documents

ChrisRay

<span style="color: rgb(124, 197, 0)">R.I.P. 1983-
Veteran
I posted this at nvnews, And now Here.

I just recieved this from Nvidia, this is an 'internal" reply from their PR team. and I have been given permission to post it.

Here's is there responce to the leaked documents.

"This is a presentation developed by NVIDIA for its sales team. The
presentation was developed to help arm the team with information on the
competitive product offerings.

These slides are just a few pulled from an entire NVIDIA product
presentation - which includes, product positioning, messaging, and
competitive analysis. As you will see - these slides were INTERNAL ONLY.
They were never used outside of NVIDIA.

We're not sorry for doing these slides - as they are intended for NVIDIA
only personnel.

We are however sorry that someone has decided to leak this information."

Feel Free to comment.

Re: Nvidias "Internal" PR reply about leaked Docum

ChrisRay said:
We are however sorry that someone has decided to leak this information."

Feel Free to comment.

Another "leak" of internal documents. :rolleyes: I'd find that a lot more believable if such leaks slating their competitors didn't happen so regularly whenever Nvidia are getting hurt in the market or someone else is launching a product.

Notice we always get the "leaks" from Nvidia that say bad things about their competiton, never ones that say good things about the competition or bad things about their own cards.

Like Nvidia driver "leaks" it means Nvidia can say what the hell they like, and then deny any liability while they fail to stand behind their words.

I guess whenever I talk about Nvidia, I'll have to put "leaks" in quotation marks, same way I have to use them for "optimisations". :rolleyes:

what was the point of the internalness of these ?

Do they really need to convince thier own workers ?

I don't understand

If they weren't for use outside the company then why make them ?

Does the dude in copying need to know that ati is bad ?

We're not sorry for doing these slides - as they are intended for NVIDIA
only personnel.

We are however sorry that someone has decided to leak this information.
Hm. DB said it was a presentation to the press...

reever said:
Funny how they use a dave quote but say this site is filled with idiots
Which site is filled with idiots? Who said what where? :|

DarN said:
Double "hmmm" with a request to Dave to please elaborate/clarify that statement he made. (I promise you Dave, I won't quote you... ;) )

digitalwanderer said:
reever said:
Funny how they use a dave quote but say this site is filled with idiots
Which site is filled with idiots? Who said what where? :|

DarN said:
Double "hmmm" with a request to Dave to please elaborate/clarify that statement he made. (I promise you Dave, I won't quote you... ;) )

It was leaked. Take that to the bank. :)

ChrisRay said:
No offense intended to you Chris, but I ain't gonna bank it 'til I hear Dave elaborate a bit about how these slides were "shown to the press". ;)

jvd said:
what was the point of the internalness of these ?

Do they really need to convince thier own workers ?

I don't understand
It's quite simple - many sales companies give their sales staff briefs to use when selling a product so they are 'all singing from the same hymn sheet'. What's hard to understand?

Does the dude in copying need to know that ati is bad ?
No, which is presumably why they were only given to the sales team, according to Nvidia.

digitalwanderer said:
ChrisRay said:
No offense intended to you Chris, but I ain't gonna bank it 'til I hear Dave elaborate a bit about how these slides were "shown to the press". ;)

didn't VR-zone also mention this being shown to the press?
*doh* Dave beat me to it. :)

on the other hand sometimes I get invited to these reseller conferences by companies and usually there's a lot of jibberish being spread
so I only go if there's free lunch or a nice goodie bag ;)

Dave in his main review said the R420 is more a mega R300 than a brand new direction. ATi clear stated very eloquently in the Tech Report yesterday they are all about features than can be used today, and they don't introduce meaningless features without the adequate performance to be used effectively. They clealy say R420 is a shader model 2.b powerhouse.

NVidia mis-represented ATi's design and architecture decisions very amateurishly in my mind. Their criticisms are very hollow sounding and petulant. I would be annoyed by NVidia competing on such dismissal mis-representations.

jvd said:
1. what was the point of the internalness of these ?

2. Do they really need to convince thier own workers ?

3. I don't understand

4. If they weren't for use outside the company then why make them ?

5. Does the dude in copying need to know that ati is bad ?

1. Obviously (quoting DB's post above about being shown to the press)nVidia created these to create mis-information about R420. I think they had every intention of them being made public since they were shown to "members of the press".

2. If a company has a product that they feel VERY strongly about in terms of it being "Best in Class", then they typically do not resort to such actions. It is quite obvious to me that they are VERY worried about R420 because they spend as much time talking DOWN the competition instead of the very merits of their OWN product...that my friends is the actions of a desperate company.

3. I don't understand why nV is resorting to such tactics either because unlike NV3X, they really DO NOT NEED TO this time...

4. It should say volumes to people who read these slides that nV is very concerned about the competition. When you have to convince your own personnel that your product is better by slanting comments from reviews and press to the point of being mis-information regarding the competition's product, then what does that say about the confidence your company has in it's own product?

5. No.

DaveBaumann said:
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=837&amp;s=1

NVIDIA held a conference call for members of the press this morning. Apart from downplaying of ATi R420 architecture at the first half of the presentation slides, here are some latest updates on the GeForce 6800 GPUs :

And then the slides turn up in the VR-Zone forums. Seems a little clear cut to me.
Doh! :oops:

Thanks for clearing that up Dave! :D

Big Bertha EA said:
3. I don't understand why nV is resorting to such tactics either because unlike NV3X, they really DO NOT NEED TO this time...

Maybe they do. NV40 has a lot of cons, many of which impact OEM sales, and only the dubious/unproven pro of SM3.0 . Maybe Nvidia is acting scared and desperate in this manner because that's exactly what they are. We saw this same kind of slimy behaviour when NV30/35 was getting clobbered by R3x0, never more so than when ATI was shipping products and Nvidia was promising release dates that just kept going back and back.

Just noticed this at [H]:

Kyle's Update: I just got off the phone with NVIDIA PR front man Derek Perez. He did confirm that the slides linked above are NVIDIA's creation. The slide are just a few from a set of "20 or 30" that were developed by NVIDIA's USA Product Marketing team that were to be used only as a sales tool internally. Derek did say, "I am not going to apologize for them." He went on to explain how they need to outfit their sales teams as they see fit. Now that we are through that, we are hoping to see retail GeForce 6 hardware soon.

So what up with that? Personally I hope they went too far with this cheezeball stunt and get thier A55 sued off.

Can you say "slimey"?

Caps

edit: LOL, BZB and I posted our "slimey" comment at the same time ! :LOL:

Back