Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't Tell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
tri_test.png

when looking bottom half of the image(closer), can't tell the difference.
but look the upper half(further), there are slight difference. left is higher quality further away.

Initial look can't tell. Upon very extended inspection of certain small sections, I have my suspitions as to which side is true-trilinear. I'll withhold until everyone's had a chance to judge for themselves without any outside help.

Hard to say indeed, I casted my vote: left.

But surely I'm wrong :LOL:

You won't beat a boy wearing glasses, will you? :LOL:

EdiT: I change my vote: right. I got a clue, I hope

Heh, I thought the moire patterns were artifacts of my monitor, not the picture itself. I really can't tell, though.

I mean, the right side seems to keep the alternating red and green lines more distinct around the bottom half of the pic (the left side makes it look like the green lines alternate with dark ones, perhaps because the red and green lines are separating more), but I can't tell if that's a result of the filtering being applied or just the orientation of the lines (slanted left rather than right).

I'm guessing, if the moire is a part of the pic, that may be where the Mipmaps blend? And thus they're a clue as to what's being done to which side?

Testeron, eh? Spotting the difference sounds like a job for Superon. =D

As my first post I will pick the right side. From where I am sitting it appears to me that one on the right is blending the levels a little better.

To me the right side looks a little better but to be completely honest I would never notice any difference if I didn't stare at that pic for a while...and even then I doubt I would find the difference enough to be worth worrying about.

Well its not the best of picture cause its not quite symeterical my analysis of the image suggetes the right side has a slightly futher away mipmap transistion or has a smaller mipmap transistion. The left image definately has more sharpness ( no I'm not just looking at the image I can mathematically determine which image is sharper because of the way dave chose the test image ). Although I say sharper this isn't always good as it may be overly sharp and therefore noisy you hear some silly users of a certain modified set of NV drivers say they can see every single grain of sand in BF1942 :p

http://www.lexicon.net/mccann/analysis.png

Red= sharp Grey = blurry.

cho said:
why there is not such poll when nvidia implement brilinear on nv3x :)

Because anyone with that minimum of vision known as half an eye could see the difference when Nvidia was doing it. The real spanner in the works with ATI is that we're just now noticing it-- and they've been doing it for a year on the RV3x0 series.

Back