Framerate of Forza?

2!! KB2!! ;) How can u get it wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on u! ;) :LOL:

No really, personally i hated SC and i played through MGS2 only once and that was enough.

SS and MGS are in a similar genre, yet very different. MGS has the less refined gameplay mechanics overall when it comes to sneaking IMO, but it offers a way more diverse storyline (wether that storyline sucks or is cool depends on taste), scenario and an impressive cinematic presentation. The soundtrack on the new MGS3 trailer alone made me think "damn I gotta have that game" a couple of times, 'cause it created such a dramatic and intense atmosphere. SC is stripped of most of those bells and whistles, and focuses more on the gameplay mechanics of stealth and infiltration, light and shadow. That's why simulation is probably an acceptable description, at least in comparison with MGS...

LogisticX said:
I highly doubt the game will be running at 30 fps. Microsoft is trying to one up GT4 on every level, so there's no way they're going to halve the framerate.

Seriously, Microsoft won't invest the same kind amount of cash in Forza Racing as Sony did with GT4 (the production budget for GT4 is one of Sony's biggest ever, perhaps even the biggest). Therefore, beating GT4 is near impossible IMHO. Maybe they'll succeed in doing some stuff better, but Polyphony Digital has both the cash and the skill to one up Forza on a lot of levels. ;)

Evil_Cloud said:
LogisticX said:
I highly doubt the game will be running at 30 fps. Microsoft is trying to one up GT4 on every level, so there's no way they're going to halve the framerate.

Seriously, Microsoft won't invest the same kind amount of cash in Forza Racing as Sony did with GT4 (the production budget for GT4 is one of Sony's biggest ever, perhaps even the biggest). Therefore, beating GT4 is near impossible IMHO. Maybe they'll succeed in doing some stuff better, but Polyphony Digital has both the cash and the skill to one up Forza on a lot of levels. ;)

Doesn't take millions to make a 60fps game.

london-boy said:
Evil_Cloud said:
LogisticX said:

Doesn't take millions to make a 60fps game.

But is making a 60fps game beating GT4?

Evil_Cloud said:

Of course not, but it seemed u were saying that since the budget for MS's game is nowhere near that of GT4, it's unlikely they will get the game running at 60fps... ;)

SS and MGS are in a similar genre, yet very different. MGS has the less refined gameplay mechanics overall when it comes to sneaking IMO
Sure, SC comes on top when you count sneaking mechanics bulletpoints on the paper, due to it's well conceived use shadows, but the actual execution leaves something to be desired. There's way too much trial and error in that game, and once you screw things up and get discovered it's almost always a game over. In MGS2 on the other hand, you almost always have a way out of a nasty situation, it's just up to you to think it through. Also, the beauty of that game's gameplay mechanics is that it rarely forces you to do anything in a preset way. You can almost always go through every scene by sneaking through, or you can bust the weapons, kill everyone and run through, or you can put them to sleep and finish the game without killing anyone (which is a big an interesting challenge in itself) So, if you look at it like that, MGS2 has a lot more refined gameplay than it would seem just by listing it's features.

london-boy said:
Evil_Cloud said:

Of course not, but it seemed u were saying that since the budget for MS's game is nowhere near that of GT4, it's unlikely they will get the game running at 60fps... ;)

No, I meant the game will have a hard time to stand up against GT4, because of the budget difference. If Microsoft has a good team to make this game, they will get this game running at 60fps without no doub. Depending on what their plans are with the game that is.

Back