Something wrong with 9700?

The second and third part you posted determines, AFAIK, default settings and tweaks in a broad sense. That is 9700, and indeed card family, specific. If there is a default (I'm still too lazy to look without reason ;) , this time because it shouldn't matter) that is what would be used without that updated file. I expect that in game settings can override some of them (too lazy to pop the game up and check the in game option, but I'm pretty sure complex or simple shadows can be specified there for example).

The first set is what I'm talking about. I'd assumed the updated file had some reference to 128MB graphics, but if they felt no need to add it, I guess it isn't too surprising...it probably just means the graphics card memory isn't a good indicator of when to apply certain settings beyond a certain point. This also illustrates clearly the problem with your graphics, and some of their assumptions in basing the features set there on card memory and bit depth, I think.
Just change your 64M32B section to have a shadow_tex_size of 256 and a detail of 5 (I haven't tested a detail of 5 yet myself on my 8500, but I'm pretty sure both of us with 128MB cards should be able to handle it), and it should be a better benchmark of the card. I did this very early as I found the shadows pretty ugly, and I sort of just put it out of my mind that the maximum it set was so poor even though I remembered that my defaults were unsatisfactory on my 32MB card. I point out again that the settings I mentioned (shadow_tex_size 256, detail 4) worked well enough on my AIW Radeon 32 MB at 1024x768x32 bit, so you can see how conservative their config assumptions are in terms of graphics horsepower.

For crises sake, what's the freakin connection?

Well, if nVidia can mail several high-profile internet sites with "Quackifier" tools complete with instructions and cause an otherise non-existent 'Scandal' to erupt....surely they can plant a few individuals on various message boards to start spreading un-justified complaints about "image quality".

ponder.gif

Well, if nVidia can mail several high-profile internet sites with "Quackifier" tools complete with instructions and cause an otherise non-existent 'Scandal' to erupt....surely they can plant a few individuals on various message boards to start spreading un-justified complaints about "image quality".

Sure, whatever u say! :LOL:

Well like anyone cares...but the oringal poster has yet to show me examples of rendering errors. He also has yet to provide a base line image on other hardware. Not saying it "COULD" be an issue. But its up to him to provide real proof with a control source. Until that happens, its just his opinion and he is intitled to it even thought I dont agree with it.

Joe DeFuria said:
Is this expression clear enough?

(Heh...don't mind me....I'm in a strange mood! :D )

Oh, I don't mind u m8, not at all! ;)

2up.gif

Now, can we go back to the real subject of the post?

The original poster is pretty obviously an ignorant troll or something, espeically since he has yet to provide something else for baseline comparison.

BTW, NOLF 2 looks Fantastic ! =D

BTW, NOLF 2 looks Fantastic ! =D

I completely agree! :D

The Lintech problems that haunted this engine for a long time are completely gone and the game is looking better than ever (gotta love that tornado!).

I didn't see any shadows. You know what? that is absolutely the only thing I found wrong with it. Given the environment and lighting (one in which you would be hard pressed to notice shadows realistically) of the demo, perhaps this one and only flaw in the overall graphics of the demo I noticed (atleast in reference to my ideal expectation) is not even a real failing...maybe I'll go to the website and look for some other screenshots.

In any case, it may be the best looking game ever without the real time shadowing I'm so fond of seeing (atleast that I know of), and that wouldn't be so bad anyways. The metallic sheen to the trailer you start next to...the texturing...the complete lack of graphical rendering tweaking needed to get absolutely stunning results...oh wait, this whole post is off topic, I'll cut it short now. ;)

EDIT: Oh my, it does have shadows. :eek: The Lithtech engine managed to sneak in under the radar a bit, though the potential wasn't exactly secret I guess. I hope their stealth software development is working out well for them financially. :LOL:

I believe I am qualified enough to post some form of response to the statement that the GP4 shots have rendering issues on the cars. [blows on trumpet]

The car detail level has been set to low, which can be changed in the graphics option menu. Bumping that up to high or even medium will alleviate the 'issues' I believe.

demalion said:
EDIT: Oh my, it does have shadows. :eek: The Lithtech engine managed to sneak in under the radar a bit, though the potential wasn't exactly secret I guess. I hope their stealth software development is working out well for them financially. :LOL:

I'm not particularily disposed to plugging in other cards at the moment - I'm a little knackered from ripping up floorboards and the like!

Anyway, yes the engine & game does appear to have shadows, but evidently not that level - according to Sierra's own screenshots:

http://nolf2.sierra.com/screenshots/screenshot-02-large.jpg

misae said:
The car detail level has been set to low, which can be changed in the graphics option menu. Bumping that up to high or even medium will alleviate the 'issues' I believe.

All details set to max.

Dave,

If it's not too much to ask could you check if the 9700 antialiases in render to texture cases? I'm not sure if PVR's FilmTV demo would help, but after all there are quite a few cases in modern games where it is present.

Back