Your thoughts on the new Detonator 31.00 WHQL drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driver related threads are usually not accepted here properly and are usually locked pretty much before anyone manages to reply (and I talk from experience!).

I myself haven't tried them.

Taa thanks - are alerts to new drivers posted anywhere on this web site? Struck me that this was the place (if anywhere) to do the communbity service announcement as this says 3D technology talk here. Well a new series driver is 3d technology in my humble opinion.

Also is there a FAQ page for this web site? - the written do's and don'ts - I just stumbled into here a while back and post as I think it benefits folk. I was hoping somebody might say - holy cow that means the detonator series 5 drivers are just around the corner.

holy cow that means the detonator series 5 drivers are just around the corner.

holy cow that means the detonator series 5 drivers are just around the corner.

;)

Seriously though a few times driver threads have appeared but its been noted that most new drivers simply add features or remove them at times rather than adding those huge boosts of speed which never materelise in anything but Q3 and 3DMark2001.

g__day said:
Taa thanks - are alerts to new drivers posted anywhere on this web site? Struck me that this was the place (if anywhere) to do the communbity service announcement as this says 3D technology talk here. Well a new series driver is 3d technology in my humble opinion.

Also is there a FAQ page for this web site? - the written do's and don'ts - I just stumbled into here a while back and post as I think it benefits folk. I was hoping somebody might say - holy cow that means the detonator series 5 drivers are just around the corner.

Please, don't think I'm blaming u or anything m8!

I just said that this is what usually happens (and happened to me myself!).

I'm not a mod here...but wrt "driver threads":

UNLESS a new driver brings some new, significant functionality that was not there in previous drivers, it's not particularly interesting discussion. You'll get more info and feedback from the almost certain loads of threads on each new driver revision posted on the respective fan sites for the hardware. Just my $0.02.

Joe DeFuria said:
I'm not a mod here...but wrt "driver threads":

UNLESS a new driver brings some new, significant functionality that was not there in previous drivers, it's not particularly interesting discussion. You'll get more info and feedback from the almost certain loads of threads on each new driver revision posted on the respective fan sites for the hardware. Just my $0.02.

Agreed. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back