Cs2 bundled with X800

Stryyder said:
thop said:
Unlikely that CS2 will be a huge success anyway.

Are you smoking Crack?? ;)

If 25% of the people playings CS buys CS2 it will be successful.

I remember seeing a tally of the number of users online on a couple games about a year ago and CS was first with BF second. Anybody know if it still exists somewhere out there?

Personally I think CS is overhyped. By today's standards it's not that great but maybe I'm biased cause I never liked it. And all the previews I've seen so far of CS2 have not been very ecstatic.

trinibwoy said:
Stryyder said:
thop said:

I remember seeing a tally of the number of users online on a couple games about a year ago and CS was first with BF second. Anybody know if it still exists somewhere out there?

Personally I think CS is overhyped. By today's standards it's not that great but maybe I'm biased cause I never liked it. And all the previews I've seen so far of CS2 have not been very ecstatic.

2.5 Million CS Players worldwide

I dont think BF is second nor do I think it is anywhere close to 2.5 million.

There have been no CS2 previews, you may be confused with condition zero.

There was an survery on valve showing that sth. like 80% of all CS players own a GF4MX (or equally fast card). That's the whole reason they play CS, because there are no other games they can play with their computers :D So basically CS2 targets the same audience, but they won't shell out 400$ just to play CS2. Most of them are more than happy with CS as it is anyway.

thop said:
There was an survery on valve showing that sth. like 80% of all CS players own a GF4MX (or equally fast card). That's the whole reason they play CS, because there are no other games they can play with their computers :D So basically CS2 targets the same audience, but they won't shell out 400$ just to play CS2. Most of them are more than happy with CS as it is anyway.

I love when people make shit up.

Link to Survey
http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

1)This is for all Steam Users not just Counter Strike

2)Highest distribution of any card is 15% and it is for the GF4MX so you were only off by 65%

3) About 27%+ of the users surveyed have a NV30 R300 level of card. Which is a decent distribution.

4)If there are 2.5 Million CS users that survey covers about 40% of them.

1) What else is being played through steam? ;) Practically nothing.
2) Yeah my memory was a bit fuzzy :oops: Anyway only 25% have a card that i'd consider being able to decently tun HL2 (GF4 or better). So my 80% number wasn't too far off.
3) see 2.
4) It is likely representative.

Anyway, IMO CS2 will bomb :D

cs is the perfect example that graphics arent everything... gameplay is the key point for the HUGE success of cs ...

If valve dont ruin the gameplay ( like they are trying with every steam update ) cs with the HL2 Graphics, will be a huge success ... no question about it.

I won't mind spending 500€ on a 800XT just for playing cs with hl2 graphics... if the gameplay stays the same of course

Miksu said:
You can see the online stats for most of the popular online-games through http://www.gamespy.com

Usually stats look like this:
Half-Life (Mostly CS, I would guess): 80-100k
CoD, BF1942 and UT: 4-5k

Yeah but for example I never played CS through GaySpy - why should I do it? Instead of Steam?
No, thanks.

Stryyder said:
thop said:

Just a note, Valve has been working on CS since 1.5 (IIRC) and since then the game became total crap -- so was CSCZ. It was all nice and dandy when the guys behind CS worked alone :)

T2k said:
Yeah but for example I never played CS through GaySpy - why should I do it? Instead of Steam?
No, thanks.

I would guess that the numbers aren't based on GameSpy's users. They easily could have a bot which scans all the known servers from time to time.

Back