Why Tom's Hardware is such a sell out

http://www.ati.com/buy/pricespcusa.html

RADEON X800 XT PLATINUM EDITION 100-435210 7-27419-41159-2 $499 N/A JUNE

It says june, not may 21. There´s the rumor that the first wave of XTs go to a major OEM. That might (read: MIGHT) be the reason for a delay in retail.

Is this biased again? Hmm... maybe we should test cards with pirated software to please people!? It seems this is OK for some people in this forum.

Lars - THG

Borsti said:
http://www.ati.com/buy/pricespcusa.html

RADEON X800 XT PLATINUM EDITION 100-435210 7-27419-41159-2 $499 N/A JUNE

It says june, not may 21. There´s the rumor that the first wave of XTs go to a major OEM. That might (read: MIGHT) be the reason for a delay in retail.

Is this biased again? Hmm... maybe we should test cards with pirated software to please people!? It seems this is OK for some people in this forum.

Lars - THG

No just keep using unreleased and untested beta drivers, that will be fine.

And perhaps you should contact ATI and get an official statement about what is on their website and post an update to your original report. I am sure with the clout THG has in the industry you should get a statement within 24 hours. Perhaps it is more fun to speculate though.

For those of you that have forgotten. My favorite Lars review..

http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030127/geforce_fx-29.html

NVIDIA takes the crown! No question about it - the GeForceFX 5800 Ultra is faster than the competition from ATI's Radeon 9700 PRO in the majority of the benchmarks. However, its lead is only slight, especially compared to the distance that ATI put between its Radeon 9700 PRO and the Ti 4600. Still, when compared to its predecessor, the GeForce4 Ti, the FX represents a giant step forward.

That doesn't change the fact that the date is on the site doesn't it? BTW, are you saying, no hardware site should have test NV40/R420 as beta drivers were used?
Stryyder said:

And perhaps you should contact ATI and get an official statement about what is on their website and post an update to your original report. I am sure with the clout THG has in the industry you should get a statement within 24 hours. Perhaps it is more fun to speculate though.

Evildeus said:
That doesn't change the fact that the date is on the site doesn't it? BTW, are you saying, no hardware site should have test NV40/R420 as beta drivers were used?
Stryyder said:

No but when another reputable site releases known issues with the beta driver you should release a follow up to your review that lets everyone know how you set AA so they know if the numbers represented in your little graphs are correct.

Diplo said:
T2k said:
Why do I feel always something weird about you and Nvidia, Diplo? :LOL:
I can't possibly account for why you have strange feelings about me and Nvidia. However, so long as they're not sexual in nature I don't really mind.

Elegant - congrat - hat off. :D

2senile said:
A perfect example of a site not serving the interests of the readers.

It really is about time there was a code of practice/seal of approval for internet sites.

If I'm not mistaken, most of these "review" sites were started by enthuisiasts. I believe things have moved on & it is time there was some form of regulation.

They really need to become more solid in regard to their reporting. :(

Buy a magazine then.

opened up CTO (UK Trade buyers mag) and Sapphire & Realtime Distribution have Tomshardware comments slapped on the face of a doublepage ad:-

"The new performance leader is ATI's Radeon X800"

Together with hardocp
"The X800Pro can easily be called Must Have Hardware by the discerning gamer"

and Hexus
It utterly obliterates anything that's gone before. It's the fastest and best looking graphics card on the planet bar none"

This is what counts in the end

From my xt-pe order at bestbuy.com

So perhaps compusa is just sold out of the first wave or two of the xt-pes and they wont get more in till that date .

Big Bertha EA said:
Saw several X800 Pro's IN STOCK at CompUSA here in Houston, TX today...

Yea they are talkingabout the xt though.

My little sister is on her way home from bestbuy where she picked up a pro for everquest 2 .

All i know is i spent to much money this month on hardware .

Back