How long before a X800 wrapper (Ruby demo) appears?

Colourless said:
Just an update since I haven't said anything for a few days now. I should hopefully have "Version 2" completed this weekend.

HOWDY!! I'm really lookin forward to ur next wrapper release :D
ur doin some great stuff man, keep it up 8)

Colourless said:
Just an update since I haven't said anything for a few days now. I should hopefully have "Version 2" completed this weekend.
Don't push yourself on it and burn yourself out, that's the last thing any of us want!

Thanks again Colourless, a most impressive job! 8)

digitalwanderer said:
Don't push yourself on it and burn yourself out, that's the last thing any of us want!

Hell yeah. :)

I actually decided not to push myself too much after spending pretty much an entire night on a single shader. :)

digitalwanderer said:
Colourless said:

Thanks again Colourless, a most impressive job! 8)
yeah man, take your time and thanks again
any new teasers? :D

It is? I want the new wrapper now dammit, now I say. ;)

No seriously Colourless, you efforts are really really appreciated. follow the principle of JC release the warpper 'when it's done' and no sooner.

Then again if I have to show my kids the demo much more I'll probably scream. :D

Colourless said:
No, nothing to really show that's particularly 'interesting'.
hmm i have a question, the part where the camera does a close up of the bottom half of her face then she gives a little smirk, that uses a different shader and model? Is that why the shadow shows up all wierd.. hehe this would be a cool and "interesting" teaser if it's sorta completed :D

Are there any wrappers for the subsurface demo? Or is it considered not worthwhile. I rather like it.

Nice work btw Colourless.

ANova said:
Are there any wrappers for the subsurface demo? Or is it considered not worthwhile. I rather like it.

just download the ruby wrapper, it works great for the subsurface demo as well

mengy said:
ANova said:

just download the ruby wrapper, it works great for the subsurface demo as well

Really? Fantastic. 8)

ANova said:

Here's a pic of ATI's X800 demo, Subsurface Scattering, on Volari Duo and Colourless wrapper:

volari_subsurface.jpg

Hey, just reg'd on here after looking at this thread. looks like you've done some awesome work Colourless!

I've just bought some new hardware (with my limited budget), and it'll arrive during the week all being well, I was just wondering what kind of detail settings / frame rate I could expect when running this Ruby demo with the wrapper. The specs are as follows:

AthlonXP 3000+
ATI Radeon 9800Pro
512mb DDR3200 RAM
WinXP

cheers

If your system is set up correctly, you can probably run this demo with the currently available rapper at 640x480 @ 20-25 fps

Sworkhard said:
If your system is set up correctly, you can probably run this demo with the currently available rapper at 640x480 @ 20-25 fps

Um... much faster than that I think. Some posted earlier in the thread that they were getting 32 fps at 1024x768 on a 9800XT.

Sworkhard said:

P4 2.4 @ 2.88
640MB Ram
9700 PRO
Cat 4.5
Colourless latest wrapper.

Demo Settings:
1024*768
2xAA
2xAF
Sound ON

The second time it ran I started recording with FRAPS. I skipped the logo since it only can raise the score and do nothing.

Here's what I got:
2004-05-15 12:38:58 - SushiDX
Frames: 2635 - Time: 100578ms - Avg: 26.198 - Min: 16 - Max: 74

His machine as it is will probably suck at the demo, not because it's a weak machine (it kicks mine's arse all over the floor), but for the amount of RAM.

Far Cry improved here a lot with that little jump from 512 to 640....a 512MB stick is under way now. ;)

Hey :)

I've been checking back for over a week now, and nothing has happen. How long for the next update, Colouless? Need any help?

Monrad said:
And 5900 series can't run this demo at high speed because of their architecture. Remember FX5900 is not a good DX9 performer.

It's okay, but don't compare the results with the version using shortened shaders (current R3x0 version) with the results using the original (long) shaders (that run unchanged on the NV3x). It will be interesting to see how fast the R3x0 will run the shaders with multipass to have all the original effects back.

Stimpson said:
I've just bought some new hardware (with my limited budget), and it'll arrive during the week all being well, I was just wondering what kind of detail settings / frame rate I could expect when running this Ruby demo with the wrapper.
I have the same setup and while I haven't benchmarked it, I think it runs quite crappy! That is with aperture set to 128MB though (my Asrock MB doesn't support 256MB :? ) so maybe it runs better on you system.

Back