How long before a X800 wrapper (Ruby demo) appears?

Post system specs to hopefully help you. Benchmark numbers with no aa or af are [Main.cpp] (line 1146): Benchmark Range[11.78, 27.32, 119.76]

System:
Mobile XP 2500 @ 2.75ghz
Radeon 9700 Pro Cat 4.2
1gig PC 400 Kingston HyperX
Epox 8RDA3+

Colourless, great work!
I too am anxious to see your final "wrapper".... though I will probably be trying your alternate shader files to the NV3x version as I don't have a R3xx.

First of all thanks Colourless for all your hard work, not only with these wrappers, but also on Exult!

Now my cry for help, I can't get this to run on my R9700, no version of the wrapper will work. It loads the red bar up to maybe 95% and then the system reboots. There's nothing in the error log. Xp1600+, 786MB RAM, WinXP SP1 with all the latest patches, the latest DX and the latest Catalyst drivers. AGP aperture size is set to 256MB, driver reset to defaults. I can run all my games fine for hours without a crash, even FarCry, so I don't think its got anything to do with overheating or something like that.

The only other time I can remember this happening is with the Krieger beta (the 96k game demo), which also crashed at the end of the progress bar for some reason. Maybe my PC has a progress bar trauma, I don't know. Any idea what might be causing this?

Gollum said:
First of all thanks Colourless for all your hard work, not only with these wrappers, but also on Exult!

Now my cry for help, I can't get this to run on my R9700, no version of the wrapper will work. It loads the red bar up to maybe 95% and then the system reboots. There's nothing in the error log. Xp1600+, 786MB RAM, WinXP SP1 with all the latest patches, the latest DX and the latest Catalyst drivers. AGP aperture size is set to 256MB, driver reset to defaults. I can run all my games fine for hours without a crash, even FarCry, so I don't think its got anything to do with overheating or something like that.

The only other time I can remember this happening is with the Krieger beta (the 96k game demo), which also crashed at the end of the progress bar for some reason. Maybe my PC has a progress bar trauma, I don't know. Any idea what might be causing this?

Maybe ur FSB is set too high so ur RAM is above its limit?
My FSB is currently @ 203, with 205 my System gets a little bit instable. Haven't tried it with 204 tho...
With a TOO high FSB my System is crashing at loading times as well, I experienced crashes while loading with FarCry the most.
As well as crashes with Etherlords 2 and UT2004.
If u ever experience crashes at loading times try reducing ur FSB.... it might help.
Not a VERY helpful advice but hey, its an advice at last :p

PS: sorry 'bout my english :rolleyes: :oops:

*UPDATE*
Advice 2: It COULD be ur PS.... but I'm not sure. A friend of mine had system reboots and crashes with a for his rig too low PS.... :?:

Gollum said:

in sushi.ini

put
multisampleType = 1

It's the only thing I see that you didnt mention. It's in the readme for 128mb cards. ;)

Hmm, like I said, all other games load and run fine, I have played both FarCry and UT2004 for extended periods of time without any problems. I don't overclock my system, everything is at default speed now (I had both CPU and GPU overclocked a little about a year ago, but decided the added performance wasn't worth the risk). I'll try lowering the FSB anyway, just for kicks. Will also try if changing the ini does anything, thanks for the hints! ;)

not work on a R350 (9600 pro)

first i like to say Thanks alot for your stuf Colourless.

Well, i send you an email, because it is impossible for me to start the demo correctly.

I currently have a R350, with 128Mb, ai put the wrapper in the ati demo directory, and when athe demo start, it load and after, a message : "Exiting demo, please wait"

and of course ai have an error log.

this is a part of it :

//=====================================================
// ATI Sushi Error Log Created 5/11/2004 6:40 pm
//=====================================================
[SSGenericAPI_D3D.cpp] (line 1223): Unknown pixel shader version ffff0201
[gTexture.ssh] (line 133): Error creating Pixel Shader
[gTexture.ssh] (line 207): Error creating Pixel Shader
[gTexture.ssh] (line 253): Error creating Pixel Shader
[sBaseLightmapMetalDOF.ssh] (line 208): Error creating Pixel Shader
[sBaseLightmapMetalDOF.ssh] (line 308): Error creating Pixel Shader
[sBaseLightmapMetalDOF.ssh] (line 415): Error creating Pixel Shader
[sBaseLightmapMetalDOF.ssh] (line 538): Error creating Pixel Shader
[sLightmapDOF.ssh] (line 111): Error creating Pixel Shader
//
//
//
//
[oReflectChandelier.ssh] (line 105): Error creating Pixel Shader
[AwFn.cpp] (line 2680): D3DAw Error: AwTexImage2D - Unable to create texture object
[SuTexture.cpp] (line 2466): ERROR: Unable to load texture: color 'C:/3darg/Demos/R400/Rhino/Art/sourceimages/Agent/face_color.BMP' alpha 'C:/3darg/Demos/R400/Rhino/Art/sourceimages/Agent/face_spec_2048.BMP'
[SuTexture.cpp] (line 2468): width: 2048 height: 2048 bitdepth: 32 compressed: 5 mipmapped: 1
[SuTexture.cpp] (line 2472): bytesPerImage: 5592432 totalBytes: 5592432
[SOLInternals.cpp] (line 477): ERROR: Unable to load texture!
[SOLObjectManager.cpp] (line 542): ERROR: Unable to load static textures!
[Main.cpp] (line 894): Exception caught - BAD NEWS!

Well i hope someone could help me, because i like to see this demo on my radeon card !!! :)

Thanks

hmm the readme says i should use 640x480 and multisample type 1.

i run it just fine on 1024x768 and 4 even though i have just a 128 meg r300!
Maybe it has to do with me having 1 gig of system ram instead of the 512 that is the minimum... or maybe those settings were for 9500-9600 and 9700 can handle better.

I was able to run this demo with 4x aa and 8x af on at the default resolution without a problem. I have a radeon 9700pro with 1 gb 3200 ddr and a 2.4 ghz athlon XP(oc'd but not much). it never exceeded 60 fps but did average around 30 fps. pretty cool glad to see i could run it on the rx300. any idea or where i could look to see if nvidia demos can run on rx300 hardware?

check out the guy holding the diamonds hand. They game him a freaking FINGERPRINT!!!! this is where i like to see videogames going great detail.

Mendel said:
hmm the readme says i should use 640x480 and multisample type 1.

i run it just fine on 1024x768 and 4 even though i have just a 128 meg r300!
Maybe it has to do with me having 1 gig of system ram instead of the 512 that is the minimum... or maybe those settings were for 9500-9600 and 9700 can handle better.

Good to know the multisample setting @4 can run fine on a 9700.

is there anyway that a 5900 can run this at a reasonable frame rate?

EDIT i ran this demo at 1600 and got 1fps...then i even ran it at 320rez and got like 5fps

whats the deal? at 320? thats is an exremely low resolution...i should be able to get a better fps than 5 i mean come on

When is the final or the newer version about to be released? :eek:
I just want back the last few missing effects and fixes :D

has anybdoy tried running this on a 9500 pro? Its working fine but i'm getting horrible fps and my HD is reading thourout the demo... its quite annoying. I didn't really expect it to run smothly but if any other 9600/9500 users are getting this to run @ decent fps please tell me how! I have ti set @ 640x480 multismaple @ 4, I'll try at one but I don't think its goign to make much diffrence.

sys specs:
512mb
AXP 2500+
BBA Radeon 9500 pro

Nothing oced.

You need more than 512mb to run it smooth.

And 5900 series can't run this demo at high speed because of their architecture. Remember FX5900 is not a good DX9 performer.

I've been checking back this thread the last couple of days, and no sign from Colourless.. Are you still alive?
Can't wait for the next wrapper update!

Glut said:
well ...

Anyone can help me , it is impossible tu run the demo on my 9600 pro !!! :(
please !!!! :'(

Just a hunch...but try reinstalling the latest version of DirectX, and reinstalling your drivers. In that order.

Well, thanks, now it works, very well, i had to un install completly all the drivers and panel, and now, it(s great!!! :)

Thanks a lot[/quote]

Just an update since I haven't said anything for a few days now. I should hopefully have "Version 2" completed this weekend.

Back