How long before a X800 wrapper (Ruby demo) appears?

I have a little problem here. I own GA-7N400 MB and it does not have AGP apertune size setiing. ( I was surprised when finding that out. ) Is it possible in windows using some program to indicate AGP aap size or emulate that somehow ? Without that it's very very choppy :(

Thanks all in advance.

Try pressing CTRL and F1 together in the bios. You should now have access to more advanced settings. Just ignore me if I'm completely wrong :).

EDIT: Could be CTRL and F2!! Its one of them.

EDIT2: It is CTRL and F1 and the "advanced chipset features" option appears, its under there. At least it is on my Gigabyte A64 board.

Colourless
bow.gif

RainZ

It works!
Quite well actually.
XP1800@Stock
9700Pro@Stock
768mb PC133 mem.

Ran at 15-20fps throughout, apart from when it first zoomed in on Ruby, where it dropped to 8fps for a few seconds. No graphical errors at all. No missing textures, no problems whatsoever.
Very well done Colourless.

To go one step further ;)
launch sushidx -debug
press H for all available options.. my favourites:
I(nfo)
F(ree movement)
A(bort script)
W(ireframe)
B(enchmark)

And put
multisampleType = 1
vsync = F
numBackBuffers = 1
forceColorClear = F
music = F
soundfx = F
in sushi.ini
and B for benchmark: on my 9500Pro 366/297, XP2.2ghz:
Benchmark Range[12.96, 27.38, 123.34]
I'd like to see 9800XT and 800XTPE results under the same settings, both using the wrapper (to make things comparable). Any takers?

Edit: whoops, ash already mentionned it.

Very, very nice work! I was able to get it to run without a hitch on my 9800XT without even using the 256 MB aperture (of course it being a 256 MB card certainly helps). Runs very smooth, and I too am anxious to see your final "wrapper".

holy scheisse, im downloading the demo right now and not sleeping until its finished. This is great, can't wait to make my friends drooling after my r300 hardware one...last...time

I ran the bench. I have a 2100+, and a 9800..everything set to max quality in drivers(No AA/AF) and Ruby running default.
Benchmark range = 4.27, 29.24, 129.09

And I got some kind of error....

geneticweapon-bench.jpg

Ostsol said:
QuadPump said:
What is AGP aperture size anyways :S
It is the amount of system memory that the BIOS allocates as being exclusively available for the video card. Think of it as extra video memory, but on the system side of the AGP bus.
Hmm. You make that sound like you'd actually "lose" the memory for main memory usage. This isn't true. All that aperture size does is reserve that amount of virtual memory, i.e. 256MB AGP aperture size will reserve 256MB of your 4GB address space. All of your (physical) main memory will still be available for the cpu, AGP memory (up to the limit defined by the aperture size) will only be allocated if needed.

oh my god, i was expecting a diashow but its actually quite smooth. and boy was i shocked to find out in ini file i had been running it with full antialiasing turned on! Thanks colourless!

FX5800: First one with the alternate shader files from the R3X0 version, and the second with the FX version. Slow and slower. 8)

ruby2.jpg

ruby1.jpg

CruNcher said:
Colourless great work :D
now that Nvidia users can enjoy Ruby it would be fair if we (ATI) user could enjoy Nalu :D

they still havent released nalu for download.....and if they did i cant find it anywhere

Holy .... , this wrapper is awesome! I can let it run with my BIOS modded 9800 Pro to XT 430/370 really smooth, I was overwhelmed that this Demo could run that smooth on a R3xx Card!

I'm really lookin forward to the final release, i want DoF and more Specular Lights! :D Ruby rocks da house! ^^

Ah and one more thing:

FreeFly with "-debug" in the shortcut ??? I tried that multible times....

I cannot enter FreeFly Mode by pressing "F" .... do I have to enter a menu or something like that?
I can only edit some Campoints or show me some other WireFrame-Modes as well as running the benchmark and that kinda stuff.

Can anybody tell me how to enter FreeFlight Mode with -debug?
And when u entered FreeFlight, how to move around? With the arrow-keys u change scenes instead of moving around and W-A-S-D are already beeing used by various commands....

Back