Interesting information on Micron chipsets

ben6

Regular
Apparently Micron is no longer working on Mamba and their other chipsets. A friend of mine (I don't want to get him in trouble so no names), has informed me that they have sold their dual DDR channel chipset to Intel . One interesting tidbit from IDF this week , ever wonder why Nvidia doesn't have a FSB license from Intel? It's because Intel has plans to introduce Dual channel DDR into their servers . Micron was denied a FSB license for the exact same reason , and we should see the Northbridge from Micron's chipset work in the near future from Intel

Intel also announced the desktop dual channel DDR chipset ("granite bay") due late this year. With the amount of time that Intel takes to validate chipsets and CPUs, I wouldn't be surprised if it is already in silicon.

I'm sure they've likely done a few internal revisions already.

I'm curious as to how good it will be, knowing Intel, it won't be slow, it'll likely be ahead of other P4 chipset offereings.

Also, I thought the big deal about the Micron chipsets was the EDRAM. I'm very certian it won't happen, but it would be interesting to see that on the chipset.

Back