Xbitlabs bench 6800 & X800 with HL2 and Stalker

radar1200gs said:
Tim said:
radar1200gs said:
To the best of my knowledge, neither Id, nor Activision have ever officially announced any Doom3 release date.

They promissed that it would be released in 2003 on huge banners at E3 2002.

And they claimed that they would only present the at one E3 (the one in 2002).
That happens all the time, and those sorts of "promises" slip all the time too.

Show me an actual official release date - dd, month, year, and it has to be from Activision or Id.

april 27 '04

gokickrocks said:
april 27 '04

That was not a release date, right afterwards a plan file was once again updated saying
03-01-2004

Just a reminder to everyone that the official release date for DOOM 3 is "when it's done".
If you hear a release date from _anyone_ outside of id, then you should presume it to be false.
There have been some rumors floating around about this already, and I expect there will be more
between now and the time that you first see someone from id update a .plan file with the news
that the game has been finished. Don't believe them.

That seems pretty clear.

It is really ironic, activision has been giving out pseudo release dates and there is another 6-15-04, but id hasn't. In contrast valve gave out a pseudo release date and vivendi disagreed saying it would be later. Basically they are in opposite positions.

Mant, and trinnyspam, go read the review, go chk on the builds, do your homework on said builds. I have nodoubt the nv40 will run the FINNAL versions of the games as good as ATIs products. Time will tell. Heck Stalker could have sm3.0 options. HL2 WILL have sm3.0 options ( get your steam update). The bennching of the "next DX9 Games" is total and complete BS to how the finnal versions will be and drivers for the cards. This is what this thread is about, not Trinnyspams lack of respect to this forum, or who lied to who. Its about Xbits lack of class ( but always intresting) when doing ANY review (IMO).

The Stalker leak is very old, anyone can get it if they knew where to look ;)

So old I don't think there is one Pixel Shader 2.0 in it :D

karlotta said:
Mant, and trinnyspam, go read the review, go chk on the builds, do your homework on said builds. I have nodoubt the nv40 will run the FINNAL versions of the games as good as ATIs products. Time will tell. Heck Stalker could have sm3.0 options. HL2 WILL have sm3.0 options ( get your steam update). The bennching of the "next DX9 Games" is total and complete BS to how the finnal versions will be and drivers for the cards. This is what this thread is about, not Trinnyspams lack of respect to this forum, or who lied to who. Its about Xbits lack of class ( but always intresting) when doing ANY review (IMO).

Hehe. You are pathetic man. Name calling? You should trade in that life of yours and get a new one. Maybe then you can decide if you're a karl or a lotta....are you post or pre-op dude/dudette/thingie?

pocketmoon_ said:
Geeforcer said:
Looking at some other scores in Xbit article, it seems that Nvidia drivers could use quite a bit of work.

Amen! When the NV30 first appeared, I asked an Nvidia developer how much more performance we could expect out of future drivers. He guessed 40%, and I think that turned out to be about right for specific cases. Now the same rules apply to both ATI and Nvidia, bit since the X800 is basically a "9800 on steroids" the ATI driver team have probably squeezed as much out of the architecture as possible (apart from the OpenGL rewrite). Just looking at the X800 benchies suggests that the drivers are much more mature. With the 6800, the NV team have a whole new design to work with and I would guess that we will see the same 'NV30' pattern unfold with each driver release adding good gains (and major fixes - farcry!).

Rob

Dave Orton (I think) said they are working on a compiler for their drivers that will help out the cards a bit on complex pixel shaders, especially for the newest hardware. Of course, this could have been them covering their asses so you couldn't say they are maxed out and the forthcoming miracle will turn out to be 1%

Prove they actually ran the cards on those games at all.

Wow that is convincing proof if I have ever heard it.

Maintank said:
Prove they actually ran the cards on those games at all.

Wow that is convincing proof if I have ever heard it.

You're the one commenting on the performance of products in unfinished unreleased games (alpha, warez whatever).

Back it up with some screenshots, IQ comparisons, build data, or crawl back under your rock.

AlphaWolf said:
Back it up with some screenshots, IQ comparisons, build data, or crawl back under your rock.

This is getting over the line, folks.
Take it somewhere else, not at B3D.

John Reynolds said:
Richthofen said:
for what?
ATI was aware of the delay well in advance.

You have proof to support that claim? Or is this just more of your f@nboy-ish suppositions?

i don't need to prove anything. Everyone with a simple understanding of business rules how business works and how often companies lie when it comes down to earning money and how this game is played behind closed doors is enough to be sure that they knew everything well in advance.
It did not keep them away from promoting their Radeon 9700, 9800 series with HL2 and how everyone need such a graphics card because the game will arrive soon. And to make sure that all those fools believe what they say they included those vapoware vouchures.
This has nothing to do with doom3.
Doom3 never has been bundled nor has any launch date officially been announced.
Those games Nvidia bundled with their graphics cards were real games and not vapoware.

This whole thing was done on purpose to sell cards. They lied to their customer base the full way. They deserve the bad PR.
No way to excuse anything here. They are not innocent - not valve and not ATI.

Richthofen said:
John Reynolds said:
Richthofen said:
for what?
ATI was aware of the delay well in advance.

You have proof to support that claim? Or is this just more of your f@nboy-ish suppositions?

i don't need to prove anything. Everyone with a simple understanding of business rules how business works and how often companies lie when it comes down to earning money and how this game is played behind closed doors is enough to be sure that they knew everything well in advance.
It did not keep them away from promoting their Radeon 9700, 9800 series with HL2 and how everyone need such a graphics card because the game will arrive soon. And to make sure that all those fools believe what they say they included those vapoware vouchures.
This has nothing to do with doom3.
Doom3 never has been bundled nor has any launch date officially been announced.
Those games Nvidia bundled with their graphics cards were real games and not vapoware.

This whole thing was done on purpose to sell cards. They lied to their customer base the full way. They deserve the bad PR.
No way to excuse anything here. They are not innocent - not valve and not ATI.

:?

Doom 3 was announced in 2002..."coming summer 2003"

Hl2 was announced in 2003...

I dunno if i've missed something, but...which one has been delayed more?

Also, i refuse to believe these leaks...in the leak of halflife 2, which i have played, half of the walls are ORANGE PLACEHOLDER textures...

so yah, you gunna accept a year old leak with mostly missing textures as a good indicator of final performance, when the game's own programmers say that it runs faster on the x800 than the 6800? :?

oh, and something tells me that hl2's multiplayer mode will be very interesting...

micron said:
This sure beats pro wrestling...

OT: lol, well I assume you are not being sarcastic. Last night a couple of fellas at work were talking wrestling. Meh, when I hear that talk my eyes glaze over, anyhow suddenly I blurted out "hey you know ATi released the R420 yesterday" .. of course they looked at me like I had two heads but I think they got the point. :LOL:

You're the one commenting on the performance of products in unfinished unreleased games (alpha, warez whatever).

I didnt make this thread did I? I am simply commenting on a review a well known site did using two unreleased games. Somebody yaps back that one isnt even DX9 and the other is being run in DX8 mode on one card. I ask for proof and this is what I get?

If we are going to play this game lets do it the right way. I know you are but what am I?

Um did you read the links? Currently the proof is in the pudding. You dont have any proof to back up the claims. I am not going to go out on a limb and prove your claims wrong when you havent provided any proof they are right.

Back