Alienware has new "quantum leap" in graphics ?

Praxus

Newcomer
Found this on Blues....hmmm quantum leap eh...wonder whats up...

"Alienware®, the leading manufacturer of high-performance computer desktops, notebooks and professional systems, announced today that it will be demonstrating a quantum leap in PC graphics technology with multiple patents pending, behind closed doors in Kentia Hall, Booth 7628 at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo, May 12-14 in Los Angeles, CA."

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=48707

Multi-GPU/SLI solution? Maybe they've got a dual-PEGx16 MB, or some other solution that can use 2 cards per MB?

Personally I'm more thinking of some exotic cooling and an overclocked board.

pretty boring but fairly realistic. :)

Matrox Delivers extremely cheap and fast 3D card supporting DirectX Next / OpenGL 2.0 (drivers available later time.)?

come on. it won't be 3rd contender. And if it is system able to run two AGP / PCI-Express cards rendering single frame stream, whose gonna have afford for 2 x X800 XT PE or 2 x 6850 Ultras? (and if you want say now "Me!" go get some treatment. you really need it.)

and no, I am not going to put any funny smilies here.

if it is 3rd contender, I am happy to be prooven wrong...

Nappe1 said:
And if it is system able to run two AGP / PCI-Express cards rendering single frame stream, whose gonna have afford for 2 x X800 XT PE or 2 x 6850 Ultras? (and if you want say now "Me!" go get some treatment. you really need it.)

Have you priced a high end alienware system lately? I think you underestimate the amount of money some people will spend for minor performance benefits.

X800XT PE MAXX :)

<edit> just checked at alienware, they are asking for ~$250 extra for a 6800Ultra over an X800 pro.

You can get Alienwares in excess of $20,000... and people actually buy them... people that have no idea how to build a system... :cry:

Back