SCOOP OF THE MILLENIUM

In light of recent events I think we should...

• Give him a medal for the scoop of the millenium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never ever listen to him again

• Understand why he tried to fool (some/most of) us

• Total voters

Tahir2

Veteran
Supporter
Background information

This Q&A session was never published as it should have been in December 1999, until today. It was in fact for a college newsletter/website and my two-bit journalism course, (OMG you actually studied journalism?! - I hear you cry). The replies received were in October/November 1999.

Without further ado let me introduce you to the victims of my Q&A session.

Derek Perez, head honcho of PR an NVIDIA
Brian Burke, at the time of the interview was the head PR guy at 3dfx
Richard Baker, he used to work for AMD and was kind enough to humour me. Current position unknown

1) What has been the greatest achievement this millenium for you?

Brian Burke (at 3dfx when I asked the questions): My son

Derek Perez (NVIDIA): For me personally would have been marrying my bride For me on a national level it would be: A. Man walking on the moon B.

Breaking the color barrier (I don't think he meant going from 16 to 32bit)

Richard Baker (AMD): The greatest achievement in the past 1000 years, hummm.... tricky one! I haven't been around for most of this time and I

wasn't too great at history at school, but I guess it must come down to healthcare. For instance, the invention of antibiotics must come pretty

high up the list. If I had to pick something else I think I would rate womens suffrage highly. (I'm too young to know what Womens Suffrage is)

2) How do you see mankind will advance over the next millenium?

Brian Burke (3dfx/NVIDIA): Technology will continue to progress. moral values will continue to regress. See Revelations in the Bible for details.

Derek Perez (NVIDIA): I believe medically we will make advancements in finding cures for all diseases. I also believe the education - with the advancement of computers, content and graphics - will no longer be a 12 year process (from K to 12) it will be more like 6 years. (mmm advancing technology will make us smarter, faster and more efficient)

Richard Baker (AMD): Not one for the simple questions are you! (thanks Richard I always thought I was a simpleton) It's easy to pluck outrageous predictions out of the air. We've all seen those 1960's TV programs that predicted that we would be flying to work in personal helicopters by the end of the 90's. In the longer term, I think we're having our 'industrial revolution', in the shape of IT advances and internet communication, now and then I'm sure we're in for a period of consolidation to adjust to the social upheaval. Historically the world has been dominated by various geographical powers, Middle Eastern,

European, Russian, American, maybe it will be the turn of someone else in a couple of hundred years; Australian perhaps or South American? The only thing I can be sure of is that (despite the recent ''most influential musician in the millenium" poll) Robbie Williams will fade quickly into obscurity! (it's 2002 already, Robbie who?)

3) What will you be doing over the millenium celeberations New Years Eve 1999?

Brian Burke (3dfx/NVIDIA): Sitting on the couch with my wife and my son watching the celebrations on TV.

Derek Perez (NVIDIA): Drinking Absolute on the rocks with a nice cigar :)

Richard Baker (AMD): I will be in Brighton (where I live) with my family and friends enjoying the festivities.

I guess we can surmise from the answer to the last question that all three are probably middle age men then, eh? I really hope they do not read this

There you go. This is exclusive information about the past and future. I even had the balls to reveal who my sources were.

I have a poll up as well whether or not you think this post was any benefit to you people or whether you think I should be hung, shot and then skewered into a tasty Donner Kebab. :)

misae said:
high up the list. If I had to pick something else I think I would rate womens suffrage highly. (I'm too young to know what Womens Suffrage is)

Ooh! Ooh! I know! See, women used to suffer in childbirth, now they're given drugs and instead it's called "suffrage."

Chalnoth said:
Ooh! Ooh! I know! See, women used to suffer in childbirth, now they're given drugs

Oh yes, now after the application of "drugs", childbirth is a piece of cake! :rolleyes:

I really hope Burke was kidding with his "Revelations" bit. If not, the man needs to research his history.

I think Chalnoth was being super sarcastic there.

And don't you mean read up on his Bible rather than history? Or do you mean times now, are much better than they used to be? If you ask me we are the same as 2000 years ago.. greedy, selfish and mostly good-for-nothing so and so's .. but I digess.

I thought it was the right to vote ( dictionary r0x :) ) As soon as Chalnoth made his sarcastic remark I was about to believe him. Hmmm... any sarcasm tags around here?

Yea they burnt their bra's as a demonstration so that they could get the right to vote in the early 1900's I believe. It was more than the vote.. also was inheritence, divorce and a load of other issues that women were discrimated against.

Of course in some parts of the world women have had the right to vote for.. ooo, let's see now, 1400 years? :p

Back