2 New Hi-Rez Ruby pictures

Broadfan said:
Seriously, why does ruby have another "helmet" of hair (a la dawn and dusk) if the card is so powerful? The 6800 nalu demo had pretty close to realistic hair (it was still a little too stiff looking in my opinion) but the next ATi can't can't even do that? Is this an indication that the shader performance is substantially lower or less featured than the 6800, or does it just mean they never thought to give her long hair. (she doesn't really look any more realistic than dawn or dusk like this, though, so what's the point?)

How about because ruby isn't a just a hair demo like nalu was?

Ruby is the main character in a full scene. Perhaps it would be too much to ask that you wait to pass judgement on the demo after you have seen more than a badly compressed wallpaper version of it.

AlphaWolf said:
So which of the ATI guys did they line up for the modelling gig?

Having seen a number of them I can confirm that there is no way any of that lot could pull off some of the moves she does...

Natoma said:
With all the rendering power of the R420 you'd think they'd have given Ruby a better ass. Damn that thing is flat... :LOL: :devilish:

Bah, can't really judge her butt from that pose, since her torso is bent slightly backwards and that'll "flatten" the fleshiest of buns. Wait till we see her standing straight. :LOL: :devilish:

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Hmm... Hair and look at the bottom of this page at the magazine covers

Looks like Ruby's hair is... errr.... in fashion.

OMG. I should go to sleep. When I opened the first link, the first thing I thought after watching the site: "Where is that damned Exotic Chick?" :)

Natoma said:
With all the rendering power of the R420 you'd think they'd have given Ruby a better ass. Damn that thing is flat... :LOL: :devilish:

It's hard making projecting curves on a computer look like a regular human does in real life. I'll try to dig up the quote from the developer of some james bond game after one of the female characters wondered why her boobs were so huge

Its great that she shaves, but couldn't it have been a little colder in that room?

Well it looks ok, but more like a 9800xt demo.

Its suppossed to be extreme. Shes suppossed to be realistic, but at the same time awesome looking.

with the bare midriff they were obviously going for sex appeal, but apparently came up a bit short (this is going by the screen shots, it may be a whole differant thing in action)

She looks about as good as dawn, but then again ati demos usually sucks even if the hardware kicks.

I think we should all hold off until we see it in motion, with the environment in full play, which I might add has been hinted at as being the main reason why Ruby might not necessarily be as "detailed" as Nalu is. Ruby is an environment + character render while Nalu is just the character. So, difference in approach. :)

Wixard said:
Well it looks ok, but more like a 9800xt demo.

Its suppossed to be extreme. Shes suppossed to be realistic, but at the same time awesome looking.

with the bare midriff they were obviously going for sex appeal, but apparently came up a bit short (this is going by the screen shots, it may be a whole differant thing in action)

She looks about as good as dawn, but then again ati demos usually sucks even if the hardware kicks.
really?
I personally thought that the Chimp demo was waaaaaaaay better than Dawn/dusk - but it wasn't "sexy" or "cool", so they tried to fix that.

What you meant to say (ie, what is true) is that nVidia typically has a single character that looks better than any single ATI character.
But ATI's demos usually have a scene (chimp, island demos, etc) that thier characterS are interacting with in some way. This makes a rather large difference.

Now just to digitally undress her..... :D

Reminds me of the Lady in Red from the Matrix -- anyone want to arrange an after hours meeting ;)

LW.

Nvidia's demos have scenes too. For example, Timbury has a scene and "interaction" (scripted movements) as well, as does Vulcan.

Neither ATI nor NVidia have shipped any demos with a "scene" complexity approaching real games. Animusic is probably their best demo.

The XNA demos look way better.

Back