New D3D FSAA Viewer

NocturnDragon said:
Vsyng simply caps your frame rate at your monitor refresh rate, so no it wouldn't be 70-80 unless you use a supercomputer and your monitor refresh rate is 30 to 40 :p

V-sync also slows down rendering by making the graphics card sit idle while waiting for the next buffer flip after it has rendered a frame. That is, if you use double buffering.

Triple buffering gets rid of that delay. Of course, your frame rate is still capped at your refresh rate.

Far Cry on high setting sshimmers/crawls too much.

On Medium settings it is fine on terrain edges, but more complex structures, viewed at a distance shimmer more noticably, e.g. the carrier

hmm can't decide now.

Damn I don't want a reason for upgrading this 9700Pro yet :(

Does the tempAA work in OGL? I can't get it to work there.

If anyone else can make it work, how about trying this smartshader and a ?x2T mode:

Code:
shader tBlurPixelShader = 
"!!ARBfp1.0

TEMP thisFramesPixel;
TEMP lastFramesPixel;
OUTPUT oColor = result.color;

TEX thisFramesPixel, fragment.texcoord[0], texture[0], 2D;
TEX lastFramesPixel, fragment.texcoord[0], texture[1], 2D;

MUL thisFramesPixel,  thisFramesPixel, 0.5;
MAD oColor,           lastFramesPixel, 0.5, thisFramesPixel;
END";

shader copyPixelShader = 
"!!ARBfp1.0
OUTPUT oColor = result.color;
TEMP pixel;
TEX pixel, fragment.texcoord[0], texture[0], 2D;
MOV oColor, pixel;
END";

surface temp1 = allocsurf(width, height);
surface temp2 = allocsurf(width, height);

texture[0].source = temp1;
destination temp2;
apply copyPixelShader;

texture[0].source = backbuffer;
destination temp1;
apply copyPixelShader;

texture[0].source = temp1;
texture[1].source = temp2;

destination backbuffer;
apply tBlurPixelShader;
If it's possible to do MRT in smartshaders, it's of course possible to do it in one pass with one less temp surface.

A driver writer should be able to do the same effect, but more efficient since they have better control on buffers. And with this addition, they could remove the vSync locking again.

Complete feature set also supported in OpenGL® via extensions

SMOOTHVISIONâ„¢ HD

3Dcâ„¢ - Normal map image compression technology resulting in high detail image quality

2x/4x/6x Anti-Aliasing modes

Sparse multi-sample algorithm with gamma correction, programmable sample patterns, and centroid sampling

Lossless Color Compression (up to 6:1)at all resolutions, including widescreen
HDTV resolutions

Temporal Anti-Aliasing

2x/4x/8x/16x Anisotropic Filtering modes

Up to 128-tap texture filtering

Adaptive algorithm with bilinear (performance) and trilinear (quality) option

from the X800 specs - opengl with tempAA - W00T!!!!!!!! :D

That's some "creative" quoting.

The "Complete feature set..." part is under a different caption, so they haven't actually said that there'll be any tempAA in OpenGL.
But I don't see any reason why they shouldn't make it work.

The question I was asking though is: Does it work now, on a R300.

hello guys,i tried the method to enable the Temp AA in drivers,and it works :devilish: ,nice image quality on my R9500@PR, TAA2X give nice IQ havent tried the 3 option in the registry yet,i must say this roxx,Direct 3D works great @ 120Hz and 100Hz no artifacts,and OpenGL works too,tested on Quake 3 and couple of other OpenGl games ;)

just tested it out... worked wonders on Colin McRae... 18xAA !!!!

more AA options are always nice :) screw the haters.

Hi guys,

I didn't like the TemporalAA because it limits the power of the card in the majority of the time.

I have a P4 2.6@3.250, 9800XT BBA, and tested the following with Omega 4.6:

Far Cry AA 4x - Aniso 16x:

--- 1024x768 = ~ 42 fps

Far Cry TAA 2x - Aniso 16x:

--- 1024x768 = ~ 27 fps

If the great advantage is to produce the 'same' quality image but faster, because is 'only' real 2X AA, I think the Temporal is not working good for me. 15 FPS less than the real and better AA aren't good for any new and heavy game.

Another bug or erratic thing that I see is the fact of it's always limited in 60 FPS. Even I can play in 1280x1024 with 85 Hz, all the games run locked in 60 FPS. Isn't it supposed to get V-Sync rates? (theoretically 85 FPS?) I also tried 1024x100 Hz but the same 60 FPS.

Please comments. If anyone can help with this 'thing' been locked in 60 FPS.

Regards,

AleX

games revert most of the times in refresh rates at about 60 Hz
dnt take into account the refresh rate u have on ur desktop...

I'm sure the refresh in games is still 85 Hz, because I set it on the Displays Over Ride and because it shows on the OSD of the Flatron 795FT. ;)

So, this is why is wrong...

Well, if anyone can help, post your comments.

AleX

Is triple buffering on? Sorry if you said and I just missed it.

It is odd, though...maybe it is a result of issues with forcing AA through the control panel for Far Cry.

Yeah... very odd...

How can I look for the triple buffer?

I tested again with the quality and with performance AA seetings, no difference at all, same 60 locked FPS.

Yesterday I was activating it on the registry, added the Temporal key, etc., and turned on by setting 2 on the rate. Now I figured out how to use Radlink to do that, but still the same results.

Well, any help are welcomed!

Regards,

AleX

Back