GameFAQs is pulling an IGN, damnit.

I.S.T.

Veteran
To be specific, I mean they are skinning the site with a theme based off of a product of some kind, in this case FFXI. CJayC shouldn't have sold the site...

CjayC was one man handeling thousands of contributions each day, he didn't have much of a life as you could imagine, he also has a wife.

I understand what he did, and he probabaly got a good lump of money for selling also.

My gamefaqs account is 4 years old this month, I've seen the place grow.

But I agree, changing the whole site like this is just sad..

I get what you mean, but the site has been going down hill for months now. I only check it for the Gamespot headlines, really. I hope the focus of the site stays on FAQs, but I don't think that will be the case soon. Oh, well. At least it will always be better than CheatCC. Edit: You edited your post whilst I was typing, lol.

Gamefaqs is the result of thousands of people contributing faqs and reviews(Including myself), this won't change unless people stop.

The Message boards are also the most active you'll ever see with hundreds of thousands of users.

Even with the whole advertising bit, it's still a great place.

Heh. I don't neven notice, as I pretty much direct-link to the subsections I need, like when looking for IGN reviews or previews. (Especially since IGN's been running SLOOOOOOW for me of late--it just wastes time to go through the front pages.)

I only go to the Message Boards, I didn't know there is a skin change on the home page until I read your message.

I figured I'd bump this to inform the maybe 3 people who haven't seen the new design of the site. Jeeze, it's poor. I've seen redesigns before, but this one really sucks. Edit: <sarcasim> I can't wait until I go back to 56K and I have to check the site for help. </sarcasim> Edit2: It seems the site mighr be skinable now. The site was updated adding that info.

GameFAQs is pulling an IGN? What, charging for 'Insider' benefits? :)

Be thankful that they're still 100% free..

Back