Post Mortem on ATIs Q3 Drivers ("cheat"/"bug")

Okay, didnt know they were broken in the drivers, your first post olny mentioned slider inw uake3 being broken. As i dont have an r8500, i didnt know this, so sorry if i was rude. However, just for kicks, what kind of perf. increase does the r8500 get in D3D (like 3dmark2k1) with extremely low LOD?

Folks.

some of the review sites showed a 24 fps differnce in the Quake vrs Quack scores. Running on MY PC (XP 1800+, last beta of 8500) at 1280x1200 all options maxed and changing the textrue slider shows this:

Setting 1 = loweset 154.1
Setting 2 = 145.4
Setting 3 = 134.7
Setting 4 = Max = 122.9

SO its hard to see that the chaning the IQ slider reflects the large delta in the scores. Not saying its a bug. Just saying that a simple mild downgrading of the textures does not account for the larger fps between the quake vrs quack score.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jb on 2002-03-03 23:24 ]</font>

I just saw that today too, it reminds me of that super-long article Roscoe wrote on John R. Looks like he hasn't changed one bit. :rolleyes:

legion88 is one of the more inflammatory and physcotic nvidiot ranters. As usual, his long rant is fairly meaningless, raises no good points that arent overshadowed by his complete lack of logic, and is so full of self praise and company based bias that it disgusts me. how can anyone be so blind?

Sorry guys...did not mean to offend anyone by this. Just thought it was funny that he went way out of his way to type that with most of his jabs directed at Joe and I.

Omg I fell asleep after the 1st paragraph, this dude showed up on Rage3D after the 'quack' fiasco and posted similar mile long messages then bragged about owning a BMW :rolleyes:
What was the purpose of that pile trash article anyways, does people actually fall for that crap :-?

Back