ATi's Shader Day yesterday, any info?

jimmyjames123 said:
"Jen Hsun Huang is going to have a coronary and keel over lifeless after he sees the R420".

:oops: OMG! The R420 has extra functionality. It's a secret assassination weapon! I didn't know ATI hired Q. :oops:

BRiT said:
jimmyjames123 said:
"Jen Hsun Huang is going to have a coronary and keel over lifeless after he sees the R420".

:oops: OMG! The R420 has extra functionality. It's a secret assassination weapon! I didn't know ATI hired Q. :oops:

well that is the new FSAASSASIN mode.
Hey JimmyJones :LOL: giving anybody koolaid for god? J/K

jimmyjames123 said:
I suppose.. in a *performance Today* or *Features tomorrow* kind of way.

Nice to see you Hypebinder :D

Quite a disgusting and evil thing to say really. Obviously you have some troubling personal issues if you need to resort to saying something as sick as that.

Nuff said :LOL:

Wunderchu said:
jimmyjames123 said:
By the way, I somehow happened to stumble upon your comment at Rage3d about how "Jen Hsun Huang is going to have a coronary and keel over lifeless after he sees the R420". That is a pretty low blow, even for you HBinder. Quite a disgusting and evil thing to say really. Obviously you have some troubling personal issues if you need to resort to saying something as sick as that.
he doesn't mean it literally :oops:

Why do you think coffee cups need to warn people that the contents may be hot? See above.

Yet another thread ground into nonsense by people dragging personal issues onto a forum. For God's sake, stick to the bloody topic.

jimmyjames123 said:
By the way, I somehow happened to stumble upon your comment at Rage3d about how "Jen Hsun Huang is going to have a coronary and keel over lifeless after he sees the R420". That is a pretty low blow, even for you HBinder. Quite a disgusting and evil thing to say really. Obviously you have some troubling personal issues if you need to resort to saying something as sick as that.

It isn't evident to me that HB was expressing a wish for something untoward to happen to JHH, and I have difficulty seeing how you'd interpret his statement as anything except a colorful exaggeration he used to underscore a point. Ever see Popeye the Sailor cartoons for kids, or the Road Runner cartoons? Some pretty sick, disgusting stuff takes place in those cartoons, too, but people know better than to take them seriously as some kind of social commentary, which is why most sane people think they are funny--at least the kids (I have to confess to an enduring affection for the Road Runner cartoons, though, and really feel sorry for WilEE Coyote as he takes his routine 30-second plunges to the bottom of the Grand Canyon just to have a 200-pound iron anvil follow him down to land on his head...;))

The trick is that when you see something that's "over the top" you understand it well enough not to take it seriously so that it offends you and you miss the intent behind it--which is to provide you with amusement. People are well and truly sometimes far too "sensitive" for their own good these days, I think. I also think that when a society loses its sense of humor--now that is really a sickness to be feared--seriously. Nothing scares me more than people who don't know when, or sometimes even how, to laugh. Just something to consider.

WaltC said:
Nothing scares me more than people who don't know when, or sometimes even how, to laugh. Just something to consider.

He would Walt, but laughter 2.0 is not enabled in his current drivers, he is limited to chuckle 1.1.

Sorry I had to. :devilish:

I kind of agree with what WaltC said though.
Sometimes I like to see the way HB describe things, the words he used.
________
R1200C

Last edited by a moderator:
jimmyjames123 said:
Nice to see you Hypebinder :D

What is the point of being insulting and misinterpreting a facetious comment from Hellbinder? If you don't like the guy, guess what? I don't care. I come here to get info and learn things, and occasionally post.

There seems to be a ton of behaviour usually found on other boards seeping into these forums.

mondoterrifico said:
There seems to be a ton of behaviour usually found on other boards seeping into these forums.

Well, this happens every time nVidia & ATI come out with new products...... It will last till the truth is known - usually a few months after the facts are know. At that point, the "new influx' will head back to their origins, with just a few from the the "loser" camp will try to beat nonsense into everyone elses head...... till the next cycle.... When, like the spring itself, the cycle will renew itself. Ah...the circle of geek life...... ;)

OK now everyone breath deep and relax Mr. Jen Hsun Huang will not die because his next card gets the crap beat out of it. He will only give the engineers a flogging and cut their pay in half. Probably have their children work in sweatshops for the next card cycle to boot. But I'm certain he will not have a heart attack.

:D

Humor, I live for it, especially when it's in a George Carlon kinda way.

Atomahawk said:
OK now everyone breath deep and relax Mr. Jen Hsun Huang will not die because his next card gets the crap beat out of it. He will only give the engineers a flogging and cut their pay in half. Probably have their children work in sweatshops for the next card cycle to boot. But I'm certain he will not have a heart attack.

:D

Humor, I live for it, especially when it's in a George Carlon kinda way.
My bet is he will just smoke something halucinogenic to feel better... :LOL:

Back